T6.1 Startline to Highline bumper upgrade?

g-bert

Hi guys,

Sort of done to death, but I couldn't quite find the answer to a probably fairly obvious question, so here goes... I'm planning on swapping out my Startline front and rear bumpers for some Highline versions fairly soon, and I was wondering if there were any additional parts I might need?

I have a radiator grill lined up, and the bumper has the grill inserts already. My Startline doesn't have front fogs (and I'm not intending on adding them) - does that mean I can use the existing guide brackets, with the moulded fog light blanks? I think there's some kind of foam insert behind the reg plate, is that reusable? And finally (he says...), when it comes to the rear bumper, can I remove the parking sensor brackets from my existing bumper, or do I need to get a new set do you think?

Many thanks all, and apologies for what I can only assume are blindingly obvious questions...

As the title, I want to change and colour code the bumpers, what are the options, I have seen T6.1 Highline rear tailgate bumpers for a decent price, will it be a straight swap for the rear end?
I take it the front end is more involved, wings and lights etc?

Thanks all.

How did you get on @g-bert ? Did you manage an upgrade? Mine's a Startline which was already converted to a Highline 'front end' when I bought it. I've recently picked up some fogs but need to find some better gloss black dog bones before I fit them. Did the collective wisdom sort you out?

How did you get on @g-bert ? Did you manage an upgrade? Mine's a Startline which was already converted to a Highline 'front end' when I bought it. I've recently picked up some fogs but need to find some better gloss black dog bones before I fit them. Did the collective wisdom sort you out?
Hi @Drive Wayne , I did it in the end-combination of YouTube videos from Transporter HQ and just basic common sense sorted me out (bloody nerve wracking ripping the bumpers off a brand new van, but hey ho...). What I didn't figure out is how to fit fogs - the brackets are one piece, including the bits that blank out the fog light holes, guessing that when you fit fogs you need to physically cut the holes as I haven't found a version of those brackets with the holes already done, if that makes sense!

Hi @Drive Wayne , I did it in the end-combination of YouTube videos from Transporter HQ and just basic common sense sorted me out (bloody nerve wracking ripping the bumpers off a brand new van, but hey ho...). What I didn't figure out is how to fit fogs - the brackets are one piece, including the bits that blank out the fog light holes, guessing that when you fit fogs you need to physically cut the holes as I haven't found a version of those brackets with the holes already done, if that makes sense!
Well done @g-bert , I think that a dremel is certainly involved with the fogs!

Hi guys,

Sort of done to death, but I couldn't quite find the answer to a probably fairly obvious question, so here goes... I'm planning on swapping out my Startline front and rear bumpers for some Highline versions fairly soon, and I was wondering if there were any additional parts I might need?

I have a radiator grill lined up, and the bumper has the grill inserts already. My Startline doesn't have front fogs (and I'm not intending on adding them) - does that mean I can use the existing guide brackets, with the moulded fog light blanks? I think there's some kind of foam insert behind the reg plate, is that reusable? And finally (he says...), when it comes to the rear bumper, can I remove the parking sensor brackets from my existing bumper, or do I need to get a new set do you think?

Many thanks all, and apologies for what I can only assume are blindingly obvious questions...
check out my thread [HOW TO] Full T5.1 to T6.1 Front Facelift for all parts numbers

Back