Hi, going to lower the van as my next mod, thinking about Stance + coil overs anyone had any problems with them?

There is a thread on here from a few van owners who have fitted the Stance+ coilovers, it should come up with a quick search. Let us know if you do buy them

Well for £249 its worth a go, so I have placed an order and delivery on Monday. Trouble is I have a busy week but I have great intension of getting them fitted next week:thumbsup:
I will keep you posted:)

Cleaned and lowered the van ready for the week ahead. I think this kit is great value for money and easy to fit. Yes it is a harder ride but so is any van that has been lowered, anyone says anything different is talking S**T . These come with a 2 year warranty and sorry I have only had them 2 weeks but so far so good:)

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2509 2.JPG

IMG_2511.JPG

Hi. I'm just fitting these at the moment and enquired about the lack of instructions to Stanced UK. They have informed me that they should be fitted with OEM rubbers (email below) but looking at your pictures and reading your threads you have not fitted OEM top rubbers when you fitted the rear, is this correct?
Do you have a close up photo of the rear spring adjuster cup please.

Thanks in advance.

Tony.

"The kits do not come with instructions as it is advised that the kits are fitted by a garage rather than DIY. It is a like for like replacement using OEM top mounts, drop links and rubbers.
The thin rubber washer goes above the rear adjuster cup on the back so its not metal on metal. The adjuster cup on the rear goes at the top as per this guys thread on forum"

Use the oem front mounts. On the rear just put them in place of the stock springs with the adjuster on top. I found that all the way down in the front and all the way up in the back gave a pretty even rake.

Hi Red,

I have purchased some wheels and was going to get B14s fitted very soon until I came across these coilovers. The Van Slams coilovers have a few horror stories online but these cheaper Stance+ seem to be a valid option. The reviews are actually pretty good and due to the 2 year warranty people who have had issues have had no problem getting these replaced. I was wondering if you have an update as to the performance now your another few months down the line.

I have lots of things I want to buy and if I can save 2 thirds on the cost of B14s for a viable alternative that frees me up massively to buy more goodies.

Thanks

I still recommend them. 10,000km and no problems on either of our vans that have them fitted. If you have the money then get the Bilsteins, they do feel better but for the money you get the look and 80% of the ride.

Hahaha Thanks Red ,

I'm now even more confused. LOL 80% for a third of the cost or flat out get it spent?

The things we do huh

I think I can live with 80% so I'm going to pull the trigger on the Stance+ can you explain the OEM top mount and any other hidden gems you did to set these up. Apologies I have no idea and want to explain to the garage what I want doing. I'm pretty anal about getting what I ask for and what I want. The garage will more than likely know what is required but if I have it all nailed then it helps everyone.

Thanks

I think I can live with 80% so I'm going to pull the trigger on the Stance+ can you explain the OEM top mount and any other hidden gems you did to set these up. Apologies I have no idea and want to explain to the garage what I want doing. I'm pretty anal about getting what I ask for and what I want. The garage will more than likely know what is required but if I have it all nailed then it helps everyone.

Thanks

Did you get these fitted? I think I'm of the same thinking as you - 80% ride quality is still probably light years ahead of the standard springs and shocks (!?).

Would love to hear more real life experience of them.

Hi Gavin, I appreciate the decision, I have actually just had mine done and I'm really pleased. Having never experienced Bilsteins I have no camparison so as for are they better or worse I cant comment. I had mine fitted last week and the ride is completely different no bounce and ride is excellent. I am having a slight knocking noise in certain situations but its going in this Wednesday and the garage is sure they know what it is and can rectify easily.

So all positive so far ...fingers crossed seems like a bargain at this point.

Kit = £249.99
Fitting set up and 4 wheel alignment =£334

Hope this helps? Any other questions give me a shout.

Ryan

Hi,

Very interested in this thread. I have vanslam coilovers fitted to my T28 with camper conversion and 20” wheels and to be honest I’m not happy with them. I find the compression far too soft on the front causing the tyre to make contact with the inner arch when cornering, even at quite slow speeds.

I tried to stop this by raising the suspension slightly but no different, it still makes contact at the slightest bump or dip in the road.

Can anyone comment of how stiff the front feel? If these are as good as they seem in this thread I’m willing to sell and change to these. It’s so annoying when it catches!!

Cheers

Hi,

Very interested in this thread. I have vanslam coilovers fitted to my T28 with camper conversion and 20” wheels and to be honest I’m not happy with them. I find the compression far too soft on the front causing the tyre to make contact with the inner arch when cornering, even at quite slow speeds.

I tried to stop this by raising the suspension slightly but no different, it still makes contact at the slightest bump or dip in the road.

Can anyone comment of how stiff the front feel? If these are as good as they seem in this thread I’m willing to sell and change to these. It’s so annoying when it catches!!

Cheers

What size tyres and wheel offset are you running? That might be more of a contributing factor. Is it front or rear that's catching?

Hi,

I guess its all very subjective which is the problem when communicating FEEL to someone else. The Stance+ to me feel great, I have very little experience in coilovers so it coming from a place of limited expertise. It feels stiffer than normal suspension , nicely planted and absorbs the road very well. I have not experienced the bounce that people talk about and the handling has been spot on. I am running 20" wheels 9" on the front and 10.5 on the rear with 275 35 tyres. The set up is a mystery unless I go and measure the guy at VAGtech in MK set it up for me at what I think is a perfect height for me.

I have one issue with knocking at the rear when going over big dips which I have spoken to them about and they think they know what it is its being sorted this Wednesday. Fingers crossed that's sorted then its perfect.

I cant really say any more than that.

Ryan

What size tyres and wheel offset are you running? That might be more of a contributing factor. Is it front or rear that's catching?

255/40/20 front on 8.5” wheels and 275/35/20 on 10” rears. Not 100% on offset. It’s the front, rears are very firm even with RIB, full kitchen in the rear and that has never caught/rubbed even with 5 adults in the van.

It’s defo an issue with the front shock absorbers being too soft. If I have 3 in the front row it will catch through even the slightest of corners.

I know people cut out the arch liners when on air but I don’t want to do that.

255/40/20 front on 8.5” wheels and 275/35/20 on 10” rears. Not 100% on offset. It’s the front, rears are very firm even with RIB, full kitchen in the rear and that has never caught/rubbed even with 5 adults in the van.

It’s defo an issue with the front shock absorbers being too soft. If I have 3 in the front row it will catch through even the slightest of corners.

I know people cut out the arch liners when on air but I don’t want to do that.

Maybe it is the shocks then. 255's on 8.5" wheels shouldn't catch, unless the offset is so far out, but that would be obvious visually.
I run 19x9" front, and 255's with B14's on lowest setting. They are close to the inner arch, but even on our poor roads they've never rubbed.

86C7CA11-FA3C-4B47-8882-F3A9B245671F.jpeg
Maybe it is the shocks then. 255's on 8.5" wheels shouldn't catch, unless the offset is so far out, but that would be obvious visually.
I run 19x9" front, and 255's with B14's on lowest setting. They are close to the inner arch, but even on our poor roads they've never rubbed.

Thanks for the feedback. I defo think they are too soft in comparison to the rears. You will go through a dip in the road and the front will compress and rub but the feel from the rear is very firm.

Wheels were ordered through RimStyle and were double checked they were the right size as I told them I would be running the van very low. To be honest I thought it would be the 10” rears that would be the problem.

Back