i was always a firm believer of you get what you pay for. But after reading reviews i thought i would give them a go. As i was also converting my van to a camper at the same time. money at the time was better spent else where.

at the start i was really happy with the kit. ride was better than expected and had the ride height i desired. but after only 4.5k i started getting a knocking on the front. thinking it was a drop link or a bush. i set about poly bushing the front end, replaced drop links and D bushes....it was still there

it turned out to be both front shocks had actually failed. the front shock shafts were actually jamming causing the loud knock and leaving burn/score marks on the shaft. Regardless of price you don't expect that after only 4 months of use for them to fail. especially as I'm probably only 3/4 of the way down. so far from maxed out.

giving credit to stance UK though they have replaced both shocks under warranty. But would of left me out of pocket labour wise if id of had to of paid a garage to swap them over.

confidence is low in them now that it wont happen again and ill soon be looking to upgrade to a better kit.

Reactions: Jlo
View attachment 57764 View attachment 57763 View attachment 57762 View attachment 57761 View attachment 57761 View attachment 57762 View attachment 57763 View attachment 57764

Just fitted my Stance + Street coil overs this weekend got to say very hard work but pleased with the end result, however I'm going to lift them this weekend by 20mm all round as I feel that they are a little low for a 51 year old :)
I know this was a while ago now. But did you leave rear adjuster in to get that low on stance+ streets? Cheers

I know this was a while ago now. But did you leave rear adjuster in to get that low on stance+ streets? Cheers
It is doing things like leaving adjusters out to get extra drop thgat causes the bump stop tube to flare and stop the spring seat fitting nicely , If the rear suspension keeps bottoming the tube flares out . we only see it on vans lowered a silly amount ?!!

It is doing things like leaving adjusters out to get extra drop thgat causes the bump stop tube to flare and stop the spring seat fitting nicely , If the rear suspension keeps bottoming the tube flares out . we only see it on vans lowered a silly amount ?!!
Even with the adjuster delete mounts? I don’t want to go silly. Maybe half inch gap. Wasn’t sure it was achievable with the stance street kit.

Hi all,

Rear spring failed on my 2016 T6 LWB T32 - so been looking around. Doesn't look like I can easily get a new set of rear springs easily and a full set is ~£250.
Lots of chat on here about these Stance coilovers. Is everyone that's fitted them gone for the street versions, or have anyone tried the Proline versions? I can't get the stree version on the T32 as they dont fit.
At £650 the proline seem to sit in the middle of the streetline vs B14 price point, so if decent could be a good fit. Might be selling the van in the coming months/year, so don't want to spank a load of cash on it to then just be wasted in the sale.

Cheers

Hi All. I have a VW T6 fairly new conversion. It has been lowered with coilover springs, 20 inch wheels fitted. The van pulls quite a lot to the left and tends to bounce up and down a lot when driving.

I have had the tracking, balancing, tyre pressure ls all check, yet is still pulls. My mechanic thinks it’s the coilovers; has anyone else had this problem?

Hi All. I have a VW T6 fairly new conversion. It has been lowered with coilover springs, 20 inch wheels fitted. The van pulls quite a lot to the left and tends to bounce up and down a lot when driving.

I have had the tracking, balancing, tyre pressure ls all check, yet is still pulls. My mechanic thinks it’s the coilovers; has anyone else had this problem?
What model Stance+ is it you have fitted?

I think it’s the stance street adjustable coilovers. It is lowered to about 50mm

I have decided to take them off, put the original shocks on with H&R 40mm lowering springs. Hopefully it will ride better.

Right, so my Stance+ Ultra have been fitted.

Before lowering, I was sitting
Arch from floor:
Front 765mm​
Rear 750mm​
Arch from centre of wheel:
Front 460mm​
Rear 425mm​
View attachment 52313

After lowering:

Arch from floor:
Front 685mm​
Rear 695mm​
Arch from centre of wheel:
Front 370mm​
Rear 370mm​

View attachment 52314
This is a camper conversion, that includes an early HiLo roof, Cali bed on rails and MDF units. I’ve fitted 20mm spacers to the rear Sportlines (which are 8J).

Front coil:
View attachment 52316

Rear coil:
View attachment 52315
Hi how have your stanced coilovers been since fitting would you recommend them thanks

Back