So if I using a 500ml foam gun, how much product in ml do I add!:confused:

Foam gun attached to pressure washer?
You need to work out the output of litres of water per minute to do the math :thumbsup:

Everyones flow will be differant

@N58amx ahh man, do I have to! Feels like been at school! What time do you leave to dwell also?

I just stuck in 100ml and left for 10 mins, seems decent, better results than AG polar blast.

@N58amx ahh man, do I have to! Feels like been at school! What time do you leave to dwell also?

I just stuck in 100ml and left for 10 mins, seems decent, better results than AG polar blast.
Lol,
I leave for around 5 minutes
Maybe longer if in the shade and its not drying out..
Never leave any prewash to dry .
And be very alert if in full sun :thumbsup:

I can vouch for this, got to follow up now with a hand wash now! Overcast weather conditions are the best and leave max for 10mins.

Is snow foam not just emperor's new clothes ?

I've had a few attempts with quality foam and lance, and it's never done much. I get much better results with diluted traffic film remover sprayed all over, then rinsed off prior to proper hand wash. Also about a twentieth of the cost. Or less. Just putting it out there.

I have been using Auto Finess Avalanche, however after watching the forensic detailing video I have recently purchased the Bilt Hamber Autofoam. So much cheaper than the better known brands, and it works brilliantly. As stated in the video, it doesnt foam as heavily as the others, but cleans off road film better than anything else I have tried.

As its not a show car I am not really doing a contact wash on the van. Currently all I am doing is rinse with lance, snow foam and dwell, rinse with lance. The results are really impressive with the BH Autofoam.

Had my first go with snowfoam - autoglym polar - and think I had too thin a mix though, will have another go next week

View attachment 44994

Definately something not right there. Twist the nozzle on the gun to open the blade gap right up. Then adjust the air inlet to get best result. Stand well back and at an angle of about 45 degrees to the van. 200mls of polar blast or magifoam in a 1 litre bottle with warm water added, should give you this result. Well it did for me....

20181214_132106.jpg

Definately something not right there. Twist the nozzle on the gun to open the blade gap right up. Then adjust the air inlet to get best result. Stand well back and at an angle of about 45 degrees to the van. 200mls of polar blast or magifoam in a 1 litre bottle with warm water added, should give you this result. Well it did for me....

View attachment 45004

Blimey - I didn't think to twist the nozzle - rookie mistake

Any recommendations if you don't have a pressure washer?? (too much to spend money on as only just got the van, still saving for the conversion).
:)

Any recommendations if you don't have a pressure washer?? (too much to spend money on as only just got the van, still saving for the conversion).
:)

There is a snow foam brand that clips on to your garden hose. It won’t produce a result as good as Diesel Donkeys’ but it’ll probably do.

I can’t remember the name but it was for sale in Halfords. It’s an obvious item once you see it.

Something I like to do with snow foam is use it now at the contact stage too. Once the initial pre wash is done, I use a lambs wool mit in a bucket of Turtle Wax shampoo. The snow foam gives a silky, creamy consistency when the mit is in contact with the paintwork. Just feels like its acting a bit like a lubricant, making it feel gentler on the bodywork. Hopefully reducing the chance of swirl marks. Not sure if the detailing purists would promote this technique but seems to be working so far.

There is a snow foam brand that clips on to your garden hose. It won’t produce a result as good as Diesel Donkeys’ but it’ll probably do.

I can’t remember the name but it was for sale in Halfords. It’s an obvious item once you see it.
Are you thinking of the Demon range that clips on a hose pipe

Back