I’m 6’5” and in truth do need to stand on the door cill just to get to the very middle of the roof.
Tried to convince the wife that it was a health and safety issue not having the van on air. I explained that if it was aired out rather than B14’s I could clean the roof fully without leaving terra firma, whereas standing on the door cill is a very significant risk because I could roll an ankle if I descended incorrectly.
Guess what........yep you guessed it, still on B14’s. I’m thinking of escalating to the HSE, wondering whether to cite Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regs, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regs, or just the good old Working at Height Regs. We shouldn’t be expected to clean the roof’s of our vans under these conditions!!!

I stand on the recycling bin. H&S doesn't apply at home.
At work I'd need a working at height course, 3 humans, a permit and a compulsory break at 1030 for pop master.

I stand on the recycling bin. H&S doesn't apply at home.
At work I'd need a working at height course, 3 humans, a permit and a compulsory break at 1030 for pop master.
Don't ring me at 10.30 monday to friday you won't get answer :rolleyes:

I reach the roof by leaning a short aluminum ladder against the van, the ladder uprights have foam pipe lagging taped around them to prevent scratching the van.

Have had my van 8 months and haven't cleaned it yet let alone the roof! :eek:Haven't noticed any drop off in performance through not cleaning it.

This is probably one of those awkward questions like how often do you change your socks, pants, bed sheets.....

How often do you wash your roof? Every time you wash it? every other time?

Just wondered!

Regards
Ian

i just use the prewash and wash snow foam on it every time but only agitate every other time...

This is probably one of those awkward questions like how often do you change your socks, pants, bed sheets.....

How often do you wash your roof? Every time you wash it? every other time?

Just wondered!

Regards
Ian

I don't do mine every time I wash my van. I just wait till it looks dirty, but I change my socks/pants every day, and a bit over the top with my sheets and change them every few days. Love the smell of fresh sheets.... :)

one in five washes . . . . . . . . . ish?

so thats about once every year or 2.

I don't do mine every time I wash my van. I just wait till it looks dirty, but I change my socks/pants every day, and a bit over the top with my sheets and change them every few days. Love the smell of fresh sheets.... :)

Too much information :eek:

Back