Any ideas how to get this off?

All these posh tar removers are ok.

We used to clean our fleet motorcycles with ordinary parafin, it was very very effective.

Cheap as chips and easily washes off too.

You’d need to wax after as you would with any degreasing agent

Well it’s going well. This stuff gets tar off very quickly. It even dissolves the big tar splats that are a couple of mm thick so I’d recommend it to anyone for general tar spot remover. I’ve used the auto glym recently and this is in another league.
I’ve been going panel by panel followed by a good polish. Then typical Yorkshire it’s started lashing down.724B52C1-5702-4D0B-8508-B2B7B5FD44C8.jpeg

I guessed you weren’t joking, but it’s deffo tar. They seem to be constantly resurfacing, even all the small country roads. They just stick another thin layer over the existing, there’s no kerbs at the road edge. I think that when there was a bit of bad weather it’s thrown up all the road edge much that’s full of the fresh tar too.
I’d be happy if it was just molasses.

WD 40 removes tar from paintwork.

John.
Funnily enough just been at the pub and my mate said to use GT85, which is pretty much the same. But I have neither, so I’ll stick with the fancy spray stuff that I bought today.
I might use some WD to spray the wheel arch liners and under body bits which are thick with the stuff. Thats for another time though. I’ve only done one wing and a door so far. Damn rain.

Back