T32 204 DSG LWB SLN PV MY18 & T30 SWB KMB MY67
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Master
Snow Foam - How I Did It -

Its Friday,

Its Sunny,

Its time to wash the van !

Detailing is one of those catch 22 things for me, i wake up and say - today is the day!!!!

I get all the kit out, . . . . get started . . . . . . . .And,

Then get board half way through and wish i never started it.

So after seeing all the guys using Snow Foam i thought i had found the miracle cure for Lazy-Van-Washing....

Snowfoam Sunday?

2-29-16-In-Use-Foam-Canon-Honeydew-soap-GTR-2.jpg

It seems not.

It all started with "Snow Foam Sunday" . . . . . an awesome thread detailing some great pic of van covered in lovely snowy foam goodness.

i thought i needed to get involved.....

a quick Google search later lead me to this . . . .

Capture.JPG

an amazon advert for PRO-Clean.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Kleen-...TF8&qid=1550851022&sr=1-12&keywords=snow+foam

The Gun,
The Wash,
and some free-bees.

Awesome - job done.

The wash kit turned up during winter and ended up being thrown in the garage . . . . . . . until today.

So today seemed to be the day . . . . . spray foam the van . . . . . . . wash it off job done. =]

well..... hold on Sailor - not so fast, it seems i may have got the wrong idea about snow foam.

lets watch the video and see what its all about.

Many thanks and credits to:

@Pauly
@Loz
@andys
@Tourershine

want more ? - - - - - - - take a look here >

Wash & Wax Time . . . . . . But Which One And How?

Even more madness > Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

get yours here:

1608718567833.png

1608718612588.png

1608718660624.png

1608718729721.png

1608718816942.png

1608718874171.png

Last edited:
Great vid as allways :thumbsup:

Id have expected better cleaning abilities myself.

Try a stronger mix nexttime , as your jetwash/water pressure might be thinning it too much. (I.e go three quarters )
Once thats used up give bilt hamber a go.
Lessfoam but better cleaning abilities at 4% panel ratio

This can be worked out by filling snow foam bottle withwater and running it into a 10l bucket until empty and meauring bucket.
That will give you % ratios of the pressure washer/ and snow foam gun.

Lazy cleaning is the way foreward for weekly clean ups lol.
Then bucket wash once a month.

Next your be buying a di vessel to save drying van afterwards and avoiding water spotting;)

I'm almost flattered I got a mention on one of your amazing vids @Dellmassive.:thumbsup:

To be fair, the snow foam you used didn't actually look that good, and i'd of expected it to remove far more grime than it did. It's not a miracle lazy way to clean a vehicle by any means, and i'm not convinced there isn't some pretty nasty chemicals in some of these snowfoams, regardless on what the manufactures tell us, but it's all about less contact with the paint, and for that, it works.

I'm currently using the Autoglym Polar range, and it's pretty impressive.
Polar Blast for initial dirt removal, and that removes around 70% of the dirt
Polar Wash, again through the lance, and then you just use your wool mitt to wash as per normal.
Polar Seal is a really good finishing product that you apply with the lance again, then rinse and dry with a drying cloth.

This system takes me around an hour for a general wash, 2 hrs if I want to go a bit more in-depth with extra detailing.

Oh and I agree with Simon above, the spinning jet is only good for throwing in the bin. No idea what Karcher was thinking with this nozzle.

PS

Don't ever use snowfoams in direct sunlight, unless you want to spend the rest of the day removing the dried on soap. (Black owners will already know this)

Last edited:
Don't know if any sponsorship deals are on the horizon with snow foam, but cracking vid, and reminded me of my attempt with snow foam. I'm in your gang when it comes to cleaning the van, and i honestly thought spray it on, spray it off job done, open a can, marvel in my intelligence and laugh at the rest of them washing their vehicles the traditional way.

@Dellmassive
Dude, I can’t believe I just sat for 13 minutes watching someone wash their van :rofl:.

I was chuckling like a loon. Was waiting for the moment when you lobbed the 5l container of foam over your shoulder.

Nearly fell asleep during the intro, was wondering when the vid was going to start:rolleyes:. And you gotta invest in a better vinyl collection, tell me was Death in Paradise on BBC1 last night your music inspiration;).

Haha great video and if it makes you feel any better I’ve tried numerous brands of snow foam and they’ve all been equally useless as far as hands off washing goes.

Haha great video and if it makes you feel any better I’ve tried numerous brands of snow foam and they’ve all been equally useless as far as hands off washing goes.

I'm just glad its not just me, with the snow foam issue. Mind you i think i was expecting a little too much to be honest. Last time i tried it the van looked like it had been off roading. Think it works well if done regularly.

Back