Self Build Lwb To Full 4 Birth Camper

Really great job there.
My lwb t32 is having the stance ultras fitted next week (fingers crossed).
Would it be possible to tell me the adjuster position (how much thread in mm)
The drop you have set looks pretty much spot on to me.

TIA

Deaks :)

Hi Deaks,

I have been away (rough camping on the streets of Birmingham) due to my daughter competing at the British trampolining finals at the Arena Birmingham, so sorry for the delayed reply.

I have not been able to measure the height of the adjusters due to our current weather conditions.

I set the rears to half way in between the threads and then adjusted the fronts to suit. I may be adjusting it all again this Friday as my new wheels arrive and it may rub a little on the front. The front is easy to adjust, just jack it up to take the weight of the wheels and you can wind them up and down until your heart is content. The rears is a bit trickier as you have to remove the arb and the rear shock, then take the spring and adjuster out. (Pain in the ar*e)

If you would like me to give you the measurements I am more than happy to jack it up on a nice day and confirm the measurements in mm.

I am off to Brighton Breeze this weekend so I hope the weather is good and the new wheels fit without any adjustments to the coliovers. Never that easy though !!!!!!!

Hope this helps

Nick

Hi Nick

I had ten years of my youngest daughter competing in Gymnastics and then Trampolining until a nasty fall in training.
Not really badly hurt, but she never could quite commit to the big moves after.

Very kind of you to jack up and measure, but please don’t do it specially.
mine are being fitted while we are away for a couple of weeks starting Friday this week.

Hmm, fronts do sound easy peasy, rears not so much.

I have 19" wheels with 255/45 tires, one of which I kerbed on the way home from work tonight :-(

What wheels have you gone for?

Deaks :)

Nice sport for the children to get into, but like you say, once they have a nasty accident they do struggle to regain their skills.

I will be jacking it up anyway to fit my wheels hopefully Friday night or Saturday morning providing they arrive and the weather is kind.

I have gone for 19inch banded steels from Duchy with 235-45s on the front and 245-45s on the rear. I had them on my last van and found them extremely easy to clean and maintain. (Pic below)

If you are anywhere near the south coast I am more than happy to give you a hand adjusting them. I am in Christchurch, Dorset.

E9C1556B-11E5-4152-8FC0-DA5CB0DC5523.jpeg

0C62CFB8-87D8-40BF-9608-82EBD5F7A40F.jpeg

Hi Deaks,

My new wheels arrived today, so I have taken some pictures of the measurements on the coils.

Below are the fronts (covered in copper slip and muck) the measurement on there was 49mm of thread left at the bottom.

BA0B316F-9789-45EB-867F-8BF948D48753.jpeg

FF10357D-2E98-4ADF-B969-1670EB845A1C.jpeg

Below is a picture of the rears. They were hard to get a decent photo, but there is 19mm of thread left to adjust.

F74F51D5-C6EC-4A33-8017-627B8CE1B91D.jpeg

C96A3C17-B6AB-4B96-976E-3355129A115E.jpeg

Today I decided to tackle fitting the side running boards/bars.

Not the nicest job to do on your driveway. Lots of awkward bending and neck ache.

I couldn’t decide on bars, running board or nothing at all but now that they are fitted, I am pleased with the results.

36A58122-4DB5-497E-83FE-D02AB167938D.jpeg
BF189889-0421-4C29-BBB0-B31728D0F975.jpeg
F53257F9-7938-4C90-AF71-FCBF37D79E70.jpeg
95E3A3FA-6EC6-4341-B7F9-574F92B32F8D.jpeg 7F77BA56-2E98-4A5B-9324-3C0164E83AFC.jpeg
84804719-61F1-4EE2-B3D9-536825CDDE89.jpeg
6C0C810E-A4F7-42BF-A48D-E3D60644D1B9.jpeg

Looks well, mate. The steels and the boards compliment each other. Gamble paid off well :thumbsup:

Looks well smart . We also went with running boards I prefer the look of those to that of bars

Hi @Nick t6 I also have a twin slider and am trying to find a route from the under seat battery to the rear of the van on both sides. The twin sliders make it pretty hard to route.
Looks like your cabling goes up the B pillar and right to the back before going forward again to the side units.
Any advice would be great thanks

Great write up. It's given me some inspiration for getting my finger out and lining my lwb T5. Once I've practiced on that, I'll do the T6.
Credit to you and the others who take pictures as you go along as it is a big help. I tried to do a brake caliper write up whilst doing my A8 and between gloves, muck and a touchscreen phone/camera, gave up after 2 pictures!

Hi @Nick t6 I also have a twin slider and am trying to find a route from the under seat battery to the rear of the van on both sides. The twin sliders make it pretty hard to route.
Looks like your cabling goes up the B pillar and right to the back before going forward again to the side units.
Any advice would be great thanks

Yes, you are correct, I ran all the cabling up both sides of the b pillars and then back down the rear quarters as I didn’t want any cables running under the floor to avoid risk of fire, with people walking on them etc.
Just consider the size of the cable you are running as the run will be longer and you may have to upsize the cable. (Fridge, amps etc)

Thanks for the help @Nick t6 after much cursing and after dark had fallen I did finally find a way of getting the cables down the C pillar. Which is just as well as my thick fridge cable is only just long enough.
Like you I am keen to keep the wires off the floor as far as possible.
Good looking van you have there:thumbsup:

Evening,

I thought I would show you all the latest crockery stowage I have been working on, as I have not updated this thread in a while. Think I have lost a bit of enthusiasm this summer due to the covid lockdown and all the show season being cancelled.

I treated the van to new plates, pots and pans etc and I did not want them rattling about. (cannot stand rattles).

It is still a work in progress and I will take some more photos when it is complete.

Hope you are well and hopefully with the lockdown measures easing, we might get some late season shows !!!

Thanks

Nick

16D0C117-2A5B-4964-A7DB-35CE6A624FA5.jpeg833A446D-7832-4007-B1BD-D32C620AFCD5.jpeg

I missed this thread the first time around, I think you’ve found your vocation in life, really great write-up and fantastic work.

I’ll keep an eye out for your bus as I’m only in Poole. :cool:

I missed this thread the first time around, I think you’ve found your vocation in life, really great write-up and fantastic work.

I’ll keep an eye out for your bus as I’m only in Poole. :cool:
Thanks for the kind comments.
Have you got a picture of your van ?

Back