I doubt its something you'll be able to get separately. Good news is lots of people give H4 headlights away free so check 'for sale' for any recent ones.

Just tried pulling the clip out and its F tight so doubt they've fallen out.

Was the wire retainer lose when you took the old bulb out or did you have to unclip it? Did anything ping? Just trying to work out if the clip is knocking about inside the light unit? Can you see anything through the front lens?

, any idea if I can buy new ones of these anywhere?
They will either be under the van or in the engine compartment, they won’t of gone far.
It’s worth having a look and maybe removing the engine undertray if you don’t find them.
Always worth putting a sheet over the engine compartment when working in that area to stop tools and parts falling down.

I doubt its something you'll be able to get separately. Good news is lots of people give H4 headlights away free so check 'for sale' for any recent ones.

Just tried pulling the clip out and its F tight so doubt they've fallen out.

Was the wire retainer lose when you took the old bulb out or did you have to unclip it? Did anything ping? Just trying to work out if the clip is knocking about inside the light unit? Can you see anything through the front lens?
Not it wasn’t loose. It was a b**t**d to come off. A YouTube vid said you just need to give it some force. So I think there is a good chance I’ve pinged it off. Looks like I’m taking the under tray off tomorrow looking for them. Otherwise I’ll follow your advise and try to pick up some cheap units.

bit late I know but you don't force the clip you push it sideways a bit to unclip the spring from the bit shown in post 7 and it then swings away on its hinge

It is possible to make a clip with some galvanised spring wire, obviously having one as a pattern helps.

I’m thinking of what I can make some from - the metal is like one of those laser cut metal models that you fold up from a flat sheet. I can pull one out of the headlight to copy and can finesse with the dremel!

Its not the wire frame holding the bulb in, it is a folded sheet metal latch pushed into the cast ally that has gone AWOL…

4A1B7EFA-C45F-4145-912F-967BFBF28286.jpeg

Ah, better off getting those Free H4s that I linked earlier then IF the owner will post.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support in this. This morning I found both the clips. The first was just sitting beside the battery. To find the second one I took off the undertray but found nothing there. So I thought to take off the fog light panel in the wheel arch, as I did it dropped out .

So if anyone reading this in the future has the same problem. First, don’t be pleb like me and force it straight out just push the wire clip to the left.

Second if you have lost the little metal clip on the air filter side then try the fog light panel in the wheel arch before taking off the under tray.

Third, 10 mins taking off the air filter cover and loosening the battery will save you 30 mins of swearing and trying to fiddle in the super tight spots.

Thanks again everyone

A

Well done. Top tip from me - take a photo of the back of the bulb with the clip in place, so you know what you have, and what you need to return it to.
Pete

Wow. I was thinking you'd never find them and that would be that.

My first thought was it's a perfect excuse for a headlight upgrade.

I have what I assume are H4 headlights (new to transporters)

Obviously they are crap however at current I don’t want to change out the lights so just going to stick some better bulbs in for now. I know this will make very little difference but better than nothing at the moment.

Can anyone help me identify what lamp does what in the body? I have numbered the lamps in the below pic.

Obviously I think 3 is indicator so nothing needs changed there.

Thanks

0C657E14-0AD1-4AD4-A72B-AD0F1C550FC3.jpeg

Back