That's a fantastic post Foggy. I'm thinking of getting a T6 so good to some info at the ready. When I converted my T4 to a kombi my insurance company (Brentacre) wanted to know that I'd had the seats fitted professionally. Did you come up against this with your insurance?

That's a fantastic post Foggy. I'm thinking of getting a T6 so good to some info at the ready. When I converted my T4 to a kombi my insurance company (Brentacre) wanted to know that I'd had the seats fitted professionally. Did you come up against this with your insurance?

Brentacre were fine with the conversion, just asked me to complete a modified vehicle form. I stated on that, that all the coversion components were genuine VW (as they were and had photos and receipts to prove).

I had already changed the seating capacity with the DVLA so maybe that helped. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Does anyone have the part numbers for the whole c pillar seat belt assembly? Even the panels to cover the retention roll would be great.

I’m looking at doing this could you please tell me what brackets I need for underneath?
Also could someone measure the width of the middle seat and the width of the gap with the seat removed?
Thanks I want to see how much of a motorcycle would fit between

From drivers side interior panel (no door) to edge of double seat 43”. From edge of double seat to sliding door (passenger side) 24”.

Ian

From drivers side interior panel (no door) to edge of double seat 43”. From edge of double seat to sliding door (passenger side) 24”.

Ian
Cheers but I need to know the width of the centre seat or the gap left with seat removed on a 2nd row single seat set up

There’s brackets that fit underneath chassis side for the seats. They bridge across the chassis members!

Arh - you’re after the triple / individual shuttle seats?? Re brackets you’ll need more of the double ones and less of the singles!

For the offside seatbelt measurement it seems to vary depending on whether you have a sliding door and SWB/LWB, for future reference:

SWB single sliding door - 64.5cm
AA5-EB486-A5-CB-4579-9-FE2-FFF308-B8343-D.jpg

LWB dual sliding door- 68.5cm
062381-FB-0-D5-C-4-B39-AB98-FF42-F5-ECD356.jpg

73-B51794-3-C78-4114-AB06-102-E280-F8-A43.jpg

062381-FB-0-D5-C-4-B39-AB98-FF42-F5-ECD356.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great pics and info chaps
This Seat fitting Lark is not a 5min Job ✌
I’m a bit further ahead but not got anymore pics at present ✌

A24B2DD1-0AAA-4D0F-A4A5-7EEBA512B108.jpeg

Back