Eleanor the Kombi (Day Van Build)

Jerba Campers Pop-top Installation
Bit of an update as Its been quite a long time since I updated this thread. We had the Jerba campervans pop-top fitted this summer and been using the van constantly. We got their standard pop-top with Body coloured paint and the side awning rail bonded to the side of the van which we currently use the Stitches & Steel tarp awning, but after using the van we have decided to get a full external awning to double our living space.

I went to an campervan and caravan expo and got to see all the other pop-top manufacturers. I am so happy I went for the Jerba campervan product, it is miles above all the other options in terms of materials and quality, well the ones I saw anyway. Only downside is the rather high protruding roof and but I can live with that.

So far the "day van" conversation is good but obliviously now we find ourselves wanting to venture further afield so trying to decide what the best course of action will be.

1. Modify the day van layout with all camping features minus the fixed cooker, or:
  2. Go full camper conversation

Either way I'll think about it over the winter, here are some of the photos I have taken over the last few months.

Roof getting fitted:
001.jpg

Back home ready for carpeting:
002.jpg

Carpet lining completed:
003.jpg

"temporary Prototype" Kombi bed back in:
004.jpg

Trying out S&S tarp awning:
005.jpg

First night away (Big Sands, Gairloch Scotland) Too windy for tarp awning +30Kt winds! with back end parked into wind.
006.jpg

Couple of nice photos from our first family trip:
007.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg

Stopping for some lunch:
0.14.jpg

Stupid F**** Hare......:
013.jpg

That's it for now, I am working on my own full digital modular switching electrical system and a few other little features, but will show progress when I happy with it.

Anyway have to fix the front right bumper. Waiting for a quote for the replacement parts, but I have an error that the LTE2 antenna for the SOS feature that now has an error, can only assume that said antenna is where the massive Hare hit the bumper. I'll do some digging later on to determine what I need to fix.

Well better go and design interior V2.

0.14.jpg

Back