:tongue bounce:
If my van was grey I couldn't avoid but do this. I prefer this van to most other on the forum. That's one manly truck.

The peer pressure here is intense. I love the swamped look and would love to do it but practically the lower, less boat like ride is tempting.
But the raised look is much better for camping. If mine was a 4motion, I would definitely be going for that look.

I love the raised look from the outside, but I couldn't stand the driving experience. Plus the under 2m thing is a deal breaker for me - once I go over that then a T6 stops being the obvious choice for me

Edit : I think air is the answer, best of both worlds

But the raised look is much better for camping. If mine was a 4motion, I would definitely be going for that look.
I wish I could make my mind up with what to do, this must be what it's like in @Tourershine head.
I love the off road go anywhere look. But with a 2wd van am I just being silly.
On the flip side I do think the lowered, better cornering and ride comfort of something like B14s maybe more practical.
My other thought is the raised look with HnR ARBs.....
Either way that van is awesome. Kudos @Eddie Sutherland :thumbsup:

I wish I could make my mind up with what to do, this must be what it's like in @Tourershine head.
I love the off road go anywhere look. But with a 2wd van am I just being silly.
On the flip side I do think the lowered, better cornering and ride comfort of something like B14s maybe more practical.
My other thought is the raised look with HnR ARBs.....
Either way that van is awesome. Kudos @Eddie Sutherland :thumbsup:

From reading your posts over time, it seems to me that you're an 'off road' look guy to me, but you want the handling of the B14's.
Here's my take on this: B14's don't really benefit the handling as dramatically as the H&R ARB's do, simply because of what each component stands for.
In my opinion a bog standard out of the factory T6 sits way too high for the look I wanted, (perfect for swamper though) but it's the body roll that's more of a factor with how they handle, and it's this that has you sliding out your seat on fast cornering.
Yes the full B14/ARB setup is very good, and yes with the right sticky tyres, it out handles any other van on the road, and many cars, but I don't think you are looking for the low look, more the off road look with maybe better handling than factory. B14's on the lowest setting are not comfortable, and anyone that says they are, compared to standard VW is exaggerating the truth.
I'd stay on standard shocks/springs, and try the ARB's initially. The money you could save not going B14 will buy new wheels, big tyres, and the genuine arch kit. Win Win, better handling and a total transformation in how your van looks.

Last edited:
That's a really useful observation thanks @Tourershine

Having driven our converted van for some months now, we want to keep the clearance as it came from the factory, as it's so useful for wild camping, kerb climbing, wading etc. But the body roll could do with sorting :confused:

What ARBs do people recommend, are they just bolt on and drive, and is there any downside ?

Cheers,

Pete

That's a really useful observation thanks @Tourershine

Having driven our converted van for some months now, we want to keep the clearance as it came from the factory, as it's so useful for wild camping, kerb climbing, wading etc. But the body roll could do with sorting :confused:

What ARBs do people recommend, are they just bolt on and drive, and is there any downside ?

Cheers,

Pete

Most will recommend H&R because that's what most of us have fitted. They are fully adjustable and mine have always been on the stiffest setting. As for fitting, mine were fitted by Bognor motors when they did my B14's, but they don't strike me as a difficult job.

As for downsides, no. They do exactly what they are meant to, and look much nicer under the van if you like that kind of thing.

Back