And finally!
A foam edge on the roof which I bang my head on every time the roof is up
I had a friend with a classic ocean going yacht that had to do this - for some odd reason it had been built with a step in the cabin floor about a foot beyond the step down in the roof due to the deck - every single person once a day forgot because you look down at the step and smacked into the roof - so after a season he gave in and got a bumper attached to the rather fine woodwork :rofl:

Good to see your progress :thumbsup:

ooooh this is good!
- Mrs Trouts regularly whacks her head, what have you used??
It’s foam edge guard - u shape. My brother has meters of it at his workshop which he got in bulk. Not sure how you buy just a small bit though !

Just read all of this thread - great stuff @lebb2017 !

Had I read it sooner I might have been inspired to have a go myself instead of spending my children’s inheritance getting someone else to do my conversion!

Just read all of this thread - great stuff @lebb2017 !

Had I read it sooner I might have been inspired to have a go myself instead of spending my children’s inheritance getting someone else to do my conversion!
Thank you :)

I’m sure yours is going to look much more professional and will hold its value for longer!

I feel your pain. I trapped mine in the passenger door about 3 months ago and it's still black! Hope it feels better soon. Van's looking good!
Eekkk, it has steadily got blacker throughout the day :(
I just hope my nail doesn’t fall off!

Thank you for the nice comments on the van. It’s definitely a budget look but it works for us :) (and my purse!)

Van looks great, and just noticed your crocs as well! You'll blend in well with the T6 crowd, just get hold of a dryrobe and 'jobsagoodun' as they say in the Birmingum! Looking forward to meeting you soon!

Looking much tidier :)

IMG_5038.jpeg
Ordered a table rail & folding leg kit.
Need to cut out a lid for the boxed in storage and a table top with the last of my oak veneer sheet. And then osmo all the newly added bits. A job for another day!

Is that your dogs cage in the foreground? Where's it from?
Yes! It’s a fabric fold down crate from Amazon. It’s just for travelling in, and when we set up camp we collapse it and fold it out of the way. For travelling I ratchet strap it to the seats so it doesn’t slide around.

It is a large one, but seems the bigger sizes are not in stock at the moment.

Veehoo Folding Soft Dog Crate, 3-Door Pet Kennel for Crate-Training Dogs, 5 x Heavy-Weight Mesh Screen, 600D Cationic Oxford Fabric, Indoor & Outdoor Use, 20", Black https://amzn.eu/d/hCbgUrt

We also have a smaller one and would leave the top unzipped for more head height but then he started trying to climb out so we had to go bigger. The smaller one is now in the boot of our car (Golf estate).

Along with all the paranoia of needing a bottle jack, I’ve now had a demo of removing a wheel and using the scissor jack. And watched a video on how to get the spare wheel out (and I do have one!).

Ordered a heavy duty wheel brace which might be easier for me to use.
Oh and the “hockey pucks” for the Jack also arrived.
IMG_5267.jpegIMG_5268.jpegIMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5270.jpegimage.jpg

Back