Could you not raise the frame up so it sits over the top of the wheelarch? Great work you have done so far!!
Thank you!
The height of the bed clears the arch, it’s the sides of it that need modifying.

Looks great and the difference in floorboards is barely noticeable.
You can put rivnuts in some of those holes along the drivers side and attach your furniture directly to them with bolts or put eye bolts and you can use straps.
Thank you - that’s what I was hoping to be able to use the holes already there

Not sure if you've made templates yet but look up "contour gauge" on the usual sites, used this to copy shapes for flooring and tiling in the past.

For something as big as a wheel arch you'll still need a cardboard template but it may make copying the detail easier.

Was thinking L brackets into the floor?
It might have to be.
I fixed our Ply Guys using M6 threaded inserts in the floor and then bolting down to those. But I see your kit doesn't have a flat base floor piece so it'll have to be some kind of 90 degree fix.

Could you add a batten along an edge to give something to screw down through?

It might have to be.
I fixed our Ply Guys using M6 threaded inserts in the floor and then bolting down to those. But I see your kit doesn't have a flat base floor piece so it'll have to be some kind of 90 degree fix.

Could you add a batten along an edge to give something to screw down through?
Yes, a batten would also work. I’ll have a look about where the best placement would be.

I am already hating the thought of putting holes in the new floor

Back to my brothers workshop for some help!
“Boxed in” the fabric storage unit and oak worktop to finish it off. Needs some osmo
IMG_3257.jpeg IMG_3258.jpeg
F9722887-5683-402B-839C-06BA2F94D5D9.jpeg

Shelf storage for the fridge and battery home underneath. This section isn’t finished yet.
Originally was going to box it in as well with the oak veneer ply, but it’s easy to get to everything as it is
IMG_3274.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a new gadget for my “curtains” for the sliding windows. The tool makes eyelets.
And also got some magnetic hooks to hang the curtains
IMG_3347.jpeg
IMG_3349.jpeg
IMG_3351.jpeg
I didn’t want the curtains permanently on show so this way they can be folded away when not being used.
Really get the most of the light coming in the windows and the view out without the typical curtains blocking half of it

Late to this thread but I love it. I need a bin, now that I’ve seen yours. :)

That's a brilliant arrangement. MrsR has a full eyelet/snaps press (the pliers and hammer dies work great for small jobs, kill your hands when making theatre costume en mass!) wonder what I can try to use it for...

Last edited:
Got a new gadget for my “curtains” for the sliding windows. The tool makes eyelets.
And also got some magnetic hooks to hang the curtains
View attachment 210520
View attachment 210521
View attachment 210522
I didn’t want the curtains permanently on show so this way they can be folded away when not being used.
Really get the most of the light coming in the windows and the view out without the typical curtains blocking half of it
What a great idea! We got our first van for conversion yesterday and I've been reading all your posts.

Late to this thread but how amazing does your van look?! Must be very satisfying knowing you’ve done that yourself - which I had half your skills (and patience!). Thank you for sharing.

Late to this thread but how amazing does your van look?! Must be very satisfying knowing you’ve done that yourself - which I had half your skills (and patience!). Thank you for sharing.
Wow thank you so much :D

Honestly I didn’t even think I could do any of it, but thought I’d give some things a try. I’ve surprised myself!

Back