Hi Deaky,

I've just ordered a HiLo sport roof to be fitted in March. Just come across you post from last year, how did you get on with resolving your leak was it all resolved?

many thanks in advance,

andy
Sorry to say, but do yourself a favour and cancel the order.
I have had issues, Deaky has had issues, they put the wrong colour canvas on Fish’s roof, and I know several others with similar problems.

Hi Deaky,

I've just ordered a HiLo sport roof to be fitted in March. Just come across you post from last year, how did you get on with resolving your leak was it all resolved?

many thanks in advance,

andy
also check out page 6 of deakys thread, half way down for the type of finish they leave as standard...

Deaky’s Kombi to Camper journey

I did seriously consider them because of the stealth look but changed my mind when i heard about all the issues!!

Best,

CZ.

Man I feel for you ,you pay all that money and you may as well have ordered a van with out a roof.
Hopefully they get it sorted for you

Hi Deaky,

many thanks in advance,

andy
Hi @Bentley T6 . Yes, my leak is resolved. The installer had 2 goes at fixing it and failed. It went back to HiLo in the end and was re sealed by them. This has solved the leak. It’s a poor design and i won’t be surprised if it leaks again in the future. It’s all about the installer. HiLo’s customer service is shocking

Hi @Bentley T6 . Yes, my leak is resolved. The installer had 2 goes at fixing it and failed. It went back to HiLo in the end and was re sealed by them. This has solved the leak. It’s a poor design and i won’t be surprised if it leaks again in the future. It’s all about the installer. HiLo’s customer service is shocking

hi @Deaky
Thanks for your reply. I had originally booked to have a HiLo sport fitted by HiLo themselves in Preston but have been passed to an installer in Burnley BusCon as HiLo cannot take a card payment and I wanted some form of protection on an sizeable upfront payment.

I have to say I’m massively apprehensive about having the roof cut off my new van now and certainly don’t want leaks. Really appreciate your comments and having spent a good amount of time last night looking through your conversion progress log, I’m sure you are going to get (probably already are) asked a lot of questions.
Thank you once again and will speak to HiLo next week to see what they say.

Andy

Wow! Am I glad I found this thread. I’ve been trying to get in touch with Hilo in Preston for the last 2 weeks about having one of their Sport roofs installed. Left voicemails, messages through eBay etc but nothing? Very strange but I’m glad they haven't got back to me now after reading this!

Does anyone have an alternative roof they can recommend with similar low profile?
Thanks

I was one of the lucky ones, my roof has been fine. All was well until I went to Longleat last October and the monkeys chewed the rubber gasket at the front of the roof.

I got a quick response from HiLo that the strip was about £12 and they'd send a new strip out once paid for.

Guess what... I'm still waiting...

I was one of the lucky ones, my roof has been fine. All was well until I went to Longleat last October and the monkeys chewed the rubber gasket at the front of the roof.

I got a quick response from HiLo that the strip was about £12 and they'd send a new strip out once paid for.

Guess what... I'm still waiting...
Without doubt a lot has to do with who the installer is. However, HiLo’s customer service is non-existent as you have found out in trying to replace your part. Equally they can’t stand back and take the high ground saying they are let down by installers since (a) they should have a suitable QA process for their approved installers to ensure they are fitting in accordance with their procedures, and (b) have sent out wrong orders themselves. I know a chap who has been trying to get an incorrect roof canvas colour (and other issue) sorted for a very long time, and is still waiting.

My T6 Highline kombi arrives on Monday. I am converting it myself and I happen to live in Preston and there is no way I will now consider HiLo. I sense that they will have lost several times over what it would have cost to do the right thing, so short-sighted. Thanks for taking the time to share your story.

Why are companies getting away with shoddy work like this?
I would expect that Hilo would do everything in their power to resolve this issue,as it is them that is going to suffer in the long run.
Word of mouth is the best seller of a product,even if you have a problem with something it is how they deal with the issue you have.

It it’s time that they stand up and take responsibility for the issues caused by them and there installers .
We pay good money for our pride and joys and to have this happen to it is disgusting.

I hope you can get this sorted in some way or other,it may be time for crowd funding to fight this in the court?

I just did a quick Google search on HiLo roof reviews, by most accounts everything is ‘good’ when in fact it’s not not. We might knock the authoritarian governments around the world for hiding the truth but my internet search is much the same.

Without doubt a lot has to do with who the installer is. However, HiLo’s customer service is non-existent as you have found out in trying to replace your part. Equally they can’t stand back and take the high ground saying they are let down by installers since (a) they should have a suitable QA process for their approved installers to ensure they are fitting in accordance with their procedures, and (b) have sent out wrong orders themselves. I know a chap who has been trying to get an incorrect roof canvas colour (and other issue) sorted for a very long time, and is still waiting.

The installer has to be good and get it right! It’s obviously a more complex roof to install compared to others which is why I guess they supply to trade only. I’ve had two done now and I’ve had no issues at all. My last one was done by www.xtremevan.co.uk in Leicester - a bit of a trek from Essex but an excellent installer.

Anything that requires a certain level of skill, craftsmanship, pride etc to install, is only as good as the bloke that fits it. That applies equally to poptops, beds, furniture, domestic kitchens & bathrooms etc. You can spend thousands on the kit but if the fitter makes a bollox if it, it’s skip fodder.

Wow.
Vandoc have Gone bust....again.
check companies house.
pls guys be careful and do your research.

Are you sure ?
I can see a name change, but not insolvency. There are similar named companies.

Pete

Are you sure ?
I can see a name change, but not insolvency. There are similar named companies.

Pete

Apologies.
This is old news.
Having known them for years I don’t follow them anymore hence why I only just found out. So excuse me.
It is the third name now tho.

Well that’s put me off, I was going to go for a Hi-Lo when I get my van, mainly for the extra height and also the low profile.

Not everybody has had issues with HiLo, my install went pretty smoothly and 12 months later is water tight and without issue.

Find a good installer and ask them if they’d recommend or fit a HiLo before completely writing them off.

I decid3d against Hilo roofs on both my vans solely because the review on here shows them for what the really are

Back