When I say that it’s put me off, I’m not doubting the actual quality of the roof, but it just makes you wonder what sort of customer service you may experience should there be a problem.

When I say that it’s put me off, I’m not doubting the actual quality of the roof, but it just makes you wonder what sort of customer service you may experience should there be a problem.
Yes, that's clearly a worry vs reimo etc.

The actual product, when we'll fitted, is actually excellent tho

My conversion was about 90% complete with just the lid to stick on top when it was discovered to be warped.

My fitter called HiLo who sent out another lid the next working day and it only delayed my install by a couple of days and this was at the time when HiLo were getting loads of bad press.

Certainly the back-up can be patchy, but I can only report back mostly good things.

I've had no issues at all. Fitted by Visiontech.
Personally I think it's all in the installer rather than the product. I have been more than happy with mine.

I've had no issues at all. Fitted by Visiontech.
Personally I think it's all in the installer rather than the product. I have been more than happy with mine.

Ditto. I’ve had two vans and two HiLo roofs and will do the same with the next.

I'm going to wait.. Hilo look the best buy the warnings are obvious. Need a year of good reviews before I'll think again

I'm going to wait.. Hilo look the best buy the warnings are obvious. Need a year of good reviews before I'll think again
What might be an idea is to speak to fitters who fit more than one brand. I recall XtremeVan saying he was fitting another brand, possibly VanDoc too. Firms who fit HiLo alongside others will be able to tell you the pros and cons of each which will help you decide if the HiLo is a yay or a nay.

Apologies.
This is old news.
Having known them for years I don’t follow them anymore hence why I only just found out. So excuse me.
It is the third name now tho.

Just to clarify this AGAIN we have only gone into liquidation ONCE this was due to staffing issues which have already been explained and you personally know this!!!! i shouldn't have to keep explaining myself, our company had to change names due to being too close to the liquidated company, the only reason we wanted to keep the name similar was so old customers could still find us, should they need too. This statement of 3 times is false and defamation

Dean

Last edited:
I'm just in the process of choosing what parts to use for a camper conversion and really want a low profile poptop.

I really like the look of the Hi-Lo roof but don't seem to have spoken to anyone that hasn't had a problem with them leaking. Does anyone have one that doesn't leak?

Because I'm going to use the van daily I really want a low profile roof/height roof, but other than the skyline aurora which I'm not keen on the narrower width style from the pictures I've seen I'm struggling to find something that I like the look of and so would really appreciate some suggestions and good pictures.

Thanks.

Mine doesn't leak...…. now. It's all down to the fitter. There are a few on here who have had a good install.
XtremeVans and VisionTech seem to be the favoured fitters.

Have you looked in the Review A Business section ?
There are at least 2 threads in there with negative and positive feedback.

Pete

I had a HiLo roof fitted In Feb this year by Panorama Conversions in Swansea. Whilst it was being lowered into the hole cut in the van roof some fairly minor, by noticeable damage was discovered on one corner of the roof shell.

On its journey from the @HiLo Roofs factory in Preston it had taken a knock. It’s worth pointing out that the transit packaging from HiLo was absolutely appalling and so not up to the job.

The fitter immediately contacted HiLo who messed around for over a week requesting photos etc. They then dropped the bombshell and refused to accept any liability for the damage and suggested a repair which they clearly stated they would NOT pay for.

The roof was dangling on chains above my 19 plate Kombi......how was I to get it repaired!!?? I had no choice but to accept an imperfect roof and then get it repaired at a later date. The installer had to fit the roof as it was. HiLo messing about for over week rather than doing the right thing by their customer (and fitter) caused me to miss my prebooked slot with my converter doing the rest of the conversion.

Now some 10 weeks later Panorama Conversions have arranged a repair at their cost and it’s been done really well no thanks to HiLo.

I contacted HiLo a number of times by email to express my dissatisfaction and to get reassurance that the 5 year warranty is still valid in spite of the repair. They have not once given me the courtesy of a reply.

Panorama Conversions have been excellent throughout. The roof is superb and the attention to detail and quality of the install is superb.

HiLo have a great product but their approach to customer service and respect for its clients leaves a lot to be desired.

That seems to be the general consensus, ok if everything goes well but if it doesn’t ..... well ...... ??????

My roof shell was warped, but it got swapped over within 3 days, it’s odd how some conversion companies get left high and dry and others seem to have the clout to get things resolved quickly.

I love my HiLo roof for what it’s worth and it gets used pretty much daily throughout the summer.

3A796888-7A0B-475D-BDF6-868BE86B9691.jpeg

My electric Hilo was fitted by VisionTech, no leaks. Had a problem with the seal to the top but VTA sorted it without fuss.

Fitted 2018 by xtremevan, no issues.

But if i did have an issue.... I'd be worried, given what others have seen from HiLo.

Product is fantastic, fitting seems to need an expert, support seems terrible.

Thanks for the Replies, looks like XtremeVan it then if i decide to go this route. Id still be interested to hear about any other Low Profile roofs if there any out there.

Thanks

Back