External pop top cover for a Hilo

@Bav , on reflection, I might have been a little hasty with my previous comment. The image below shows that in fact the Hilo/Horizon does indeed have a front slope (which makes sense, when you think about how the roof has to pivot when it opens):

1684747063621.png

What I will say though, is that with my measurements, the top and bottom side elevation (so S2 and S4) are effectively the same (within 10mm). I've got all of my measurements captured if you want to compare them (knowing that no two will be the same, but similar I would suggest).

Reactions: Bav
I have a rainbow screens poptop cover for a austops roof and although I use a collapsible step to fit it (taken everywhere anyway, used as foot stall, table and it’s original purpose loading the bikes) it’s only to feed it through the bottom of the roof struts etc. The front edge (f1 I guess) has some rigid material in which holds it up at the front, so as long as you seat the front bottom (oh matron!) correctly the top should sort itself out.

The question is is it too big for that rigid material (flat plastic poles I guess) inside the screen to work. And also that measurement will be the minimum length of the screen when packed so is it practical. See what rainbow screens say, I’d be surprised if no one has asked them for a Hilo cover before.

Having been away in the van when it was wall-to wall sunshine and the days were long, we found that the [very!] bright interior didn't really bother us and we weren't being woken up particularly early. On that basis, I've decided to hold-off buying a pop-top screen. I may review that decision at some point, but, for now, I'll save those pennies for a different purchase.

Thanks to all for your input.

Having been away in the van when it was wall-to wall sunshine and the days were long, we found that the [very!] bright interior didn't really bother us and we weren't being woken up particularly early. On that basis, I've decided to hold-off buying a pop-top screen. I may review that decision at some point, but, for now, I'll save those pennies for a different purchase.

Thanks to all for your input.
Remind me, what colour canvas did you opt for? Obvs I don't get any sun glare off my black canvas ;).
I'm still considering getting one...especially for when it cools down, but also to help protect the canvas when it rains. Not worried about rain getting in, more about having to put a wet roof down.

When you wake up in it on a sunny morning and then go outside, everything has an orange hue for the next 30 mins!!!
I did have to zoom in on the stealth mode pic as I honestly couldn't tell you had one fitted. Very nice

Back