H4 To H7 Upgrade

Right, the anatomy of a H7 Headlight ?
Not sure if something is missing comparing it to the picture of the melted bulb holder...

20210212_140930.jpg20210212_140946.jpg

It seems to be missing the actual holder of the bulb. The bulb plugs into a holder which has a long handle on the end so you can poke it all through and twist it into place. Did it not come with that part?

First night drive around the dark lanes of North Yorkshire, travelling home after work. I can actually see at a good distance now with the H7's with the dipped/main beam functionality. Like being born again, driving with a smile

I got round to fitting mine yesterday. Phase 1 of 4 for this year. If I'd have known what difference they make, I'd have pulled me finger out a lot earlier. I'm really impressed. No error lights on the dash - Everything worked perfectly, even the level adjuster for when towing worked without issue.

I also installed the DRL panels from Travelling-Lite. They were an easy job while the front end was off.

20210323  1.jpg20210323  2.jpg20210323  3.jpg20210323  4.jpg20210323  5.jpg20210323  6.jpg20210323  7.jpg

I got round to fitting mine yesterday. Phase 1 of 4 for this year. If I'd have known what difference they make, I'd have pulled me finger out a lot earlier. I'm really impressed. No error lights on the dash - Everything worked perfectly, even the level adjuster for when towing worked without issue.

I also installed the DRL panels from Travelling-Lite. They were an easy job while the front end was off.

View attachment 109911View attachment 109912View attachment 109913View attachment 109914View attachment 109915View attachment 109916View attachment 109917
Was the wiring easy enough for the drl's?
I fancy adding them but hate doing electrics

Yes it was pretty good tbh. I was scratching my head a bit initially but I was over-thinking it. I wouldn't like to tackle it with the bumper still on but it must be possible with the undertray off so you can work up rather than down. I don't mind simple electrics and this was pretty easy. The hardest part was tapping into the N/S headlight block connector. Now I've done it, it'd be simple to do again although I used a soldering iron & heat shrink tubing rather than the supplied posi-tap connector. The harness is already made up and has decent splash proof connectors.

20210323_162355.jpg20210323_162408.jpg20210323_162421.jpg

Happy to help if you decide to get some. I'm near to J31, M1. The Control module mounts near the battery - pic 5 in the last lot.

20210323_162450.jpg

Is it me, or do the the DRL grilles stick out further than the originals? I've been hovering over the buy now button for a while, but now seeing them fitted without the sportline sticky out chin, I'm not so sure.

Yes it was pretty good tbh. I was scratching my head a bit initially but I was over-thinking it. I wouldn't like to tackle it with the bumper still on but it must be possible with the undertray off so you can work up rather than down. I don't mind simple electrics and this was pretty easy. The hardest part was tapping into the N/S headlight block connector. Now I've done it, it'd be simple to do again although I used a soldering iron & heat shrink tubing rather than the supplied posi-tap connector. The harness is already made up and has decent splash proof connectors.

View attachment 109918View attachment 109919View attachment 109920

Happy to help if you decide to get some. I'm near to J31, M1. The Control module mounts near the battery - pic 5 in the last lot.

View attachment 109921
Thanks for the offer.....very kind of you
I'm in Stannington so not too far

I should imagine it'll be a 2hr job though by the time the bumper has had to come off and back on?

Is it me, or do the the DRL grilles stick out further than the originals? I've been hovering over the buy now button for a while, but now seeing them fitted without the sportline sticky out chin, I'm not so sure.

They may be marginally? I'll have to give them another push to make sure they're in fully.

Quick comparison pic from existing photo's show they are not far off. These DRL's stay on for about a minute after turning off & key removed. It seems to be in conjunction with the fuel pump relay clicking off?

Difference DRL's.png

stock.jpg

drl.jpg

There's the difference that I'd not noticed before when seeing them fitted with a sportline spoiler.

Back