H4 To H7 Upgrade

Just bought a set of H7's off a forum member, when fitted is there anyone who could code them for me in the Bristol area. Cheers

Having fitted my H7s a few weeks ago, used them anger last Friday, well Saturday morning actually en route back from Devon. We had to detour off the M42 to get to the M6 as around Birmingham airport it was at a standstill.

What a difference on A and B roads - if VW just fitted H7s everyone would be happy! My only criticism is when the lights are adjusted up to their highest and you flick to main beam there is a dark patch just in front of the van (hence why most code them so the dipped stay on)

I wonder if @CarpyT6 is up for another visit :) ?

Having fitted my H7s a few weeks ago, used them anger last Friday, well Saturday morning actually en route back from Devon. We had to detour off the M42 to get to the M6 as around Birmingham airport it was at a standstill.

What a difference on A and B roads - if VW just fitted H7s everyone would be happy! My only criticism is when the lights are adjusted up to their highest and you flick to main beam there is a dark patch just in front of the van (hence why most code them so the dipped stay on)

Yea no problem, my obdeleven is in my van which is at paintworx Loughborough untill Thursday though. So would have to be after I get my van back. I'm also off to Wales Mountain biking on Saturday so would most likely have to be next week sometime.

^^Carisa beta

Carista beta version will allow you to do it if you have that

I'm pretty sure that the rules and regs say that where separate dipped and main beam headlights are used, dipped beam must remain illuminated with main beam. A keen eyed MOT tester may just pick that up.

For anyone looking to do the upgrade, these are on ebay. £160 all in, worth a punt??

Driver side: DRL not working, but may just be a question of tweaking the contacts on the holder; both mine had to be tweaked out to make sure good contact was made.

Near side: the mount has been repaired, but they are held in pretty solidly at the top and bottom anyway.

Having finally fitted the H7 lights I need to code them, a friend has a VCDS but isn't sure how to proceed to code it correctly, can anyone give me a step by step guide from the home screen. Yes I am total computer numpty.

Back