Fuel Economy, 102ps Or 84ps

Got back from London, 3 hours drive at 65-70 ish (except the sub-70 bits of course), not particularly trying for economy, and the display says 43 mpg.
It was very windy and blowing the van around a bit.
Cheers
Phil

I’ve just fitted the original steel wheels and continental tyres back on the van for the winter and the MFD has made around a 7 mpg improvement compared to my 19” alloys I run.

I’ve just fitted the original steel wheels and continental tyres back on the van for the winter and the MFD has made around a 7 mpg improvement compared to my 19” alloys I run.
Surely just errors down to rolling radius differences?

Agreed. I'd do a brim to brim check next time you fill up. 7mpg is a massive difference.

...although if you’re measuring distance using the odometer on the van, that will be our due to the rolling radius throwing it off! (The odometer will be out by the same % as the MFD!)

I have the 84 van with 20” alloys and sportline kit. The van has just done over 9000 miles now and have been traveling from Carlisle to Blackburn in it every day this week. 200 mile trip. The best sitting at 70-75 is 37mpg. If I put a few more mph onto that I notice it goes to 33 mpg. It’s booked in for a Revo remap later today so see if that will make a difference on the mpg.

102 SWB, pop top, roof bed, full conversion on orginal steel 205/65 R16s, mileage measured (distance/gallons in) is 38-41, while MFD reads (45-50). I sense the engine is starting to loosen up after 12000. Have never taken the fuel down to empty, refilled normally at 510-550miles.

Have a late 2017 102 with 16k on the clock. Full camper conversion with 20” wheels.
Get on average 34-36 mpg combined.

Was told putting in the ‘super diesel’ would help mpg a bit. After 4 tanks back to back the mpg went down!

My fully camped out 17 plate 102 is sitting at 44mpg (average). I'm very happy with that. I have no complaints about its performance either.

Mine is a 102 converted to camper with a weight of 2380Gross and I've not noticed it struggling too much. I had to use the gearbox a little more through Snowdonia and the Brecon Beacons this summer but sitting on the mway at 60-65ish the display says high 40s. It has reported 50's but I know that's not real but it's good. Low to mid 40's average.
I was also told not to go lower than 102 for a conversion.

Just filled mine up after our trip to Shropshire last week 446 mile @ a fracton over 40mpg not much Motorway driving so pleased with that. The van is a camper conversion with 102 engine not the fastest but then I didn't want a sports car!

As I seem to be the only 84ps owner here, my findings might be typical
or might not, hard to say with a sample size of one!
Mine has never done a short journey, only ever 40m plus, and I get between
45 and 52 ish on the display, and no problems with motorway speeds.
Cheers
Phil

Another 84 Owner here, Its a shuttle, and and can get high 40s low 50s on the motorway, loaded with bikes and kids and luggage.

It does sometimes slow a little on the hills, but I dont mind, just enjoy the scenery.

I have the 102 but a t5.1 kombi with poptop, recently drove to Venezia Italy, from door to door was 1286 miles, filled up twice and had over a quarter of a tank left, the computer told me 225 miles remaining.

That said I was only doing 65mph. The van was full with bikes and our kit for the 2 weeks.

My 102 camper conversion getting abt 44mpg with mixed driving but quite a few miles at 55 - 60mph on motorways.
Can't grumble at that as my Kia Sportage was similar but more Urban driving.

As I seem to be the only 84ps owner here, my findings might be typical
or might not, hard to say with a sample size of one!
Mine has never done a short journey, only ever 40m plus, and I get between
45 and 52 ish on the display, and no problems with motorway speeds.
Cheers
Phil

Hi guys I also own the 84ps T6 euro 6 shuttle with 19inch wheels and lowered 40mm, I am getting 41mpg on average but she is a bit slow, we as a family say we are only cruising so no need to rush lol

IM a 102 with a full conversion and I wouldnt go so far as underpowered, just not gonna win any light to light races. Which Im happy about. The engine has enough torque to get around, get moving and keep moving. I've had a dash reading of 54mpg before with a 60mph steady run up the motorway but most of the time its 40's.

Back