SoLow Air Suspension Coming Soon to The Van Cave

Scratch that, just seen your post in 'Team Air' ;)

3H it is. My pending order is for 3P and I'm trying to decide whether I need to change it.
I wouldn’t say you need to change it, but 3H suits my needs better. I tend to carry variable loads and want to be able to use my tow bar again. 3H just makes that easier.

@The Van Cave hey guys do have any trouble with air and self levelling headlights by any chance. I'm pointing to low and can't understand why. Both arms are ok, green things are in tact.

Tia

@The Van Cave hey guys do have any trouble with air and self levelling headlights by any chance. I'm pointing to low and can't understand why. Both arms are ok, green things are in tact.

Tia
Hi. I’ve not had any problems, but that’s from a sample set of only 1 van.

As your sensors still look intact, I would get VCDS hooked up and do basic settings on the headlight levelling when are at your chosen ride height. You can also check that the sensors are working correctly through their range of movement.

If you can’t do that, I’m pretty sure there’s a manual adjustment for height on the back of the headlight itself. As a temporary measure you could adjust them upwards to see if it helps.

I’m surprised that the fitter of your air suspension didn’t check the headlight aim before handing the vehicle back. You should query the problem with them and ask them to correct it for you.

If you have someone local who can help out with the basic settings calibration, but it still doesn’t help it, any MOT centre can check and adjust headlight beam alignment for you.

Tia
Also, if you can get it hooked up to VCDS or similar, get a full scan before you do anything to check for any faulty codes. They may tell you something before you need to do anything else.

Hi. I’ve not had any problems, but that’s from a sample set of only 1 van.

As your sensors still look intact, I would get VCDS hooked up and do basic settings on the headlight levelling when are at your chosen ride height. You can also check that the sensors are working correctly through their range of movement.

If you can’t do that, I’m pretty sure there’s a manual adjustment for height on the back of the headlight itself. As a temporary measure you could adjust them upwards to see if it helps.

I’m surprised that the fitter of your air suspension didn’t check the headlight aim before handing the vehicle back. You should query the problem with them and ask them to correct it for you.

If you have someone local who can help out with the basic settings calibration, but it still doesn’t help it, any MOT centre can check and adjust headlight beam alignment for you.
Also, if you can get it hooked up to VCDS or similar, get a full scan before you do anything to check for any faulty codes. They may tell you something before you need to do anything else.
Thanks van cave for this.

Here you go Jon. First pic is ride height, second pic is my get me out of trouble height.

View attachment 180062

View attachment 180061
Hi @The Van Cave, what pressures/ percentags are you using for your ride height? I’ve been having a play with mine this afternoon I’d got it where I’d like it sat (low) but had slight chaffage on the front when turning into islands etc, not sure what’s chaffing yet need to investigate see if it can be removed :slow rofl:

Hi @The Van Cave, what pressures/ percentags are you using for your ride height? I’ve been having a play with mine this afternoon I’d got it where I’d like it sat (low) but had slight chaffage on the front when turning into islands etc, not sure what’s chaffing yet need to investigate see if it can be removed :slow rofl:
I’ll have a measure and let you know today or tomorrow, I do get rubbing at the front on my low drive height, but not on my normal ride height. I’ll get you the heights and pressures when I get a chance this weekend.

My standard ride height pressures are:
Front: 46/46
Rear: 35/35
That gives ride heights (wheel centre to arch) of:
Front: 330mm
Rear: 320mm

My low ride height pressures are:
Front: 30/30
Rear: 30/30
Ride heights:
Front: 315
Rear: 310

My van is a 140 6 speed manual SWB Kombi with nothing much more than a Kombi bed in it when taking these measurements, so it’s not very heavy.

I do get rubbing at the low ride height, but I only really use it for slow speed driving when trying to show off!

I do get rubbing at the low ride height, but I only really use it for slow speed driving when trying to show off!
Who'da thunk that air ride was for peacocks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ;)

My standard ride height pressures are:
Front: 46/46
Rear: 35/35
That gives ride heights (wheel centre to arch) of:
Front: 330mm
Rear: 320mm

My low ride height pressures are:
Front: 30/30
Rear: 30/30
Ride heights:
Front: 315
Rear: 310

My van is a 140 6 speed manual SWB Kombi with nothing much more than a Kombi bed in it when taking these measurements, so it’s not very heavy.

That’s sound cheers mate :thumbsup:

Here you go Jon. First pic is ride height, second pic is my get me out of trouble height.

View attachment 180062

View attachment 180061
Bit of a bump on this post but i have a question. Van looks great btw!

Have you had problems with the van at ride height regarding the headlight level sensor on the rear arm? I find if i drove at a similar height to what yours is the headlights wont stay settled!
I’m using stillstatic suspension (Hp Drivetech) and airlift3p management.
The pressures i’m running are,
Front: 36psi
Rear: 55psi

Bit of a bump on this post but i have a question. Van looks great btw!

Have you had problems with the van at ride height regarding the headlight level sensor on the rear arm? I find if i drove at a similar height to what yours is the headlights wont stay settled!
I’m using stillstatic suspension (Hp Drivetech) and airlift3p management.
The pressures i’m running are,
Front: 36psi
Rear: 55psi
Hi. No, I haven’t had any trouble with the headlights at all. Those rear tyre pressures seem very high, not that I can see it affecting the headlights, it’s just an observation.

Back