Fuel economy 150 & 204 engines.

It’s the bloody dfp regen that drinks the fuel in my van! See my fuel range estimate drop 60-80 miles every time the bloody thing does it which is around 3 times per tank :mad:

It’s the bloomin dfp regen that drinks the fuel in my van! See my fuel range estimate drop 60-80 miles every time the bloomin thing does it which is around 3 times per tank :mad:
Are you doing a lot of chugging around? Tbh I’ve never noticed mine doing a regen.

F62C5AE7-181F-42AF-AC8E-8ED88C79655A.jpeg
204 DSG 4Mot full camper conversion, fully loaded on our way to the Alps. ACC set to 60mph. We actually went higher than this, I got it up to 44mpg, it was showing over 700miles range.View attachment 38639
This is my “other” van T5 180 4mot DSG swb t32. This is my work van & is loaded to the nuts. A 40mile run from Barnsley to Goole this morning via M1 & M18

My average is 28mpg, it’s a 204bhp DSG Caravelle and just covered 54k in the 2 years I’ve had it, it lives in Sport mode and I admit, I cane it everywhere and enjoy watching the car drivers in the rear view mirror.

It’s warranty is up in Sept where I will be doing a Pendle Stage 1 remap giving @255bhp and an additional 20% torque, up from 450 Nm to 540 Nm

My average is 28mpg, it’s a 204bhp DSG Caravelle and just covered 54k in the 2 years I’ve had it, it lives in Sport mode and I admit, I cane it everywhere and enjoy watching the car drivers in the rear view mirror.

It’s warranty is up in Sept where I will be doing a Pendle Stage 1 remap giving @255bhp and an additional 20% torque, up from 450 Nm to 540 Nm
50 may be thrifty, but The Ton is more fun.

50 may be thrifty, but The Ton is more fun.

This. Seeing 24MPG around town, and 28-30 MPG on the motorway in first week of driving. 204LWB DSG. Not hanging about though..... :cool:

Remapped 180 bi-tdi.

This is off the last full tank, and most of it was towing mileage.

This was the mileage when the fuel light came on.

C7BE99E3-3340-4849-9A25-394DF224D5F4.jpeg

Still got 20 miles of range
7E64E9EC-DC78-4E9E-ACA7-D181A83C7425.jpeg

Never had as high a return on a tank full before.

204 4MOTION DSG SWB 12k. Returned 30mpg on a steady round trip of 350m last week. That’s around 5mpg less than I used to get on standard tyres (now 20s) and before I added sportline body kit

150 T32 SWB. On my 35 mile round trip to work and back I am averaging just over 40mpg. That includes about 15 miles on the A1 sitting in a 5o average speed zone. On other runs, it ranges anything from low 30's when doing a regen all the way up to 47mpg when cruising along A roads.

I log all the vehicles on fuelly.com. It's a free app, and you enter details on every fill up. Means your MPG is accurate (over a long period) and you can keep track of miles. MPG and reconcile fuel spend to VAT & accounts.

Here's the first couple of weeks with the T6...
mileage 1.PNG

2018, 204 LWB PV.:(

Hi
I am in midst of my search and TBH it’s proving to be so frustrating but I know I need to be patient !

Is the DSG 204bhp a gas guzzler as opposed to 150bhp ?
Is the 2017 DSG 204bhp a euro 6 ?
Thanks in advance

That’s useful comments and I don’t think it be deal breaker ?
However what I do need to bottom out is the van itself ? This 204 DSG is it a viable van to run ? I know it will drive very well given it’s engine capabilities but is it going to be hugely expensive as compared to 150 DSG ?
Is it a euro 6 or not I seem to read conflicting data ?

204 will be a Euro 6.
Search the forum for info on economy. 204's will generally be worse than lower power models but more fun/less frustrating!

Hi @Lotuscamper!
With regard to ULEZ and clean air zones there are many online sites to tap the registration plate into to give you a definitive answer on Euro 6 compliance.
Ours is a 150bhp, 40mpg if driven in slippers, 34 average driven for fun!
Best of luck in your quest!

That’s useful comments and I don’t think it be deal breaker ?
However what I do need to bottom out is the van itself ? This 204 DSG is it a viable van to run ? I know it will drive very well given it’s engine capabilities but is it going to be hugely expensive as compared to 150 DSG ?
Is it a euro 6 or not I seem to read conflicting data ?
It all comes down to how you use the power. I can get 40+mpg from my lwb, 150ps, DSG Shuttle, keeping to around 65-70mph on M-Ways, and not using cruise control.

It all comes down to how you use the power. I can get 40+mpg from my lwb, 150ps, DSG Shuttle, keeping to around 65-70mph on M-Ways, and not using cruise control.

I think I this 204dsg is not far off my Elise for fuel consumption when I drive it with slippers ! Lol
Thanks for everyone comments

Back