If that is the Airtronic S2/M2 it will be 4Kw diesel, 3.8Kw petrol. A new ecu will cost you in the region of £400 - not cost effective!
I can make a Webasto Air Top Evo 3900 3.9Kw diesel kit like this petrol one For Sale - TSI owners - Petrol Webasto Air Top 3900 Evo 3.9Kw heater I don't have any oem ducting left though.
Thanks for the offer mate, I already have a autoterm d4 heater bnib ready to collate all the necessary oem parts for the B pillar vents etc. Don't suppose you have a spare oem chassis cradle??

I can't remember how much I paid for my cradle and ductwork, it wasn't cheap, like £250 iirc . Got it from Cotswold T5 off eBay.
Be aware that the duct outlet off the California will not fit a regular Transporter, you need a different bit to connect the outlet on the B pillar to the grille on the cover.
See earlier in this thread for part numbers and differences
Yeah I have seen its the y vent guide that's narrower is it?

I've tried to make sense of all the part numbers flying about on this thread for my pv :rofl:.

I have located the step with vent and ill be buying that b pillar vent kit off of insurfit. It's just the heater mounting cradle and the chassis step ducting I will need.

Thanks for the offer mate, I already have a autoterm d4 heater bnib ready to collate all the necessary oem parts for the B pillar vents etc. Don't suppose you have a spare oem chassis cradle??
None spare - I have one last one which I am saving for a kit. I am unlikely to have any more since Brexit as the import costs from Germany make it too expensive any more.

Do you get them from oemvwshop by any chance? They seem to have loads of parts on there. I use 7zap to locate part numbers and then put the part number into oemvwshop.

For the cradle and drivers step with vent it's coming to £179 obviously they'll be import duty etc

I used to use various sources in Germany but have given up now due to the expense. It wouldn't be so bad if the 19% European vat was removed before sale but it isn't and claiming it back on export would be very difficult. You just end up paying it twice! It is unfortunate that so many vans were fitted with the heaters on the Continent but UK buyers rarely specified them on either T5's or T6's.
It is the vat that is the killer, duty is 2% but the vat is 20% on top of duty and carriage. If the seller uses DHL there is no chance of it getting through without payment - speaking from experience. The last one that I had from Germany was opened by UK Border Force and charges raised. Crazy on secondhand items which already have EU vat paid!
oemvwshop say that they have tax free shopping on their site but I have no knowledge of them or how easy it is to get something tax free from them.

Cheers for the info buddy, I'll also try the main stealer and see what prices they churn up.

In the past I've used both OEMShop (Thomas is very helpful with part numbers if you don't have a VIN) and LLL parts.

They're not the quickest but both have avoided customs duties luckily.

Just had a price from the main dealer for the 3 brackets that make up the cradle including the anti vibration bolts, nuts and drivers side step with vent £237.02

What about the ducting from step vent to heater and up into B pillar?
Just looked at my receipts and the mounting cost £95 delivered, the ducting was £120 (but I needed to buy the different air guide from Pauly which was a further £28)
Oops, forgot the replacement step and the two grilles for the B pillar which was £98 total.

Last edited:
Well I'm going to buy the inlet ducting from vw along with the step. The outlet ducting I'll get from VW T5 T6 B PILLAR VENT KIT (PANEL VAN TYPE) | eBay

Says its van type ducting and I don't mind cutting the b pillar trim, even though they sell a pre cut panel.

Vw were about £100 for the exterior cradle as it comes in 3 parts

Hi your description is excellent and some additional info from other replies. I have my parts to install in the B Pillar, going to attempt cutting my trim for the vents. Only one part of the instructions I am struggling to follow; how did you know where to cut the hole in the B pillar. I’m going to use the intake vent from the kit in the step.
View attachment 98681
Hi people,

Can anybody please tell me what difference there is between the variants of the hot air guide channel numbered 7E0 819 381 (B, C, D) ?

I know the vents are different on California compared to the basic Transporter but am not sure if the hot air guide is the same or why are there different letters for the same part nunber?

I believe there is a 7H0 (819 381) and a 7E0 (819 381) plus one of the the A, B, C, D letters as well.

I want to use the oem ducting to my 2009 basic T5 (wood panel version). Can somebody please tell me what version of the hot air guide will fit inside the B-pillar of my van?

Thanks a lot!

Hi people,

Can anybody please tell me what difference there is between the variants of the hot air guide channel numbered 7E0 819 381 (B, C, D) ?

I know the vents are different on California compared to the basic Transporter but am not sure if the hot air guide is the same or why are there different letters for the same part nunber?

I believe there is a 7H0 (819 381) and a 7E0 (819 381) plus one of the the A, B, C, D letters as well.

I want to use the oem ducting to my 2009 basic T5 (wood panel version). Can somebody please tell me what version of the hot air guide will fit inside the B-pillar of my van?

Thanks a lot!

The above kit is for the transporter panel van, as far as I'm aware the pv has a narrower b pillar and so a narrowed y ducting.

There is mention of this earlier in the thread I think.

cheers

The above kit is for the transporter panel van, as far as I'm aware the pv has a narrower b pillar and so a narrowed y ducting.

cheers
Thanks for answering. I can barely read from the picture in the link you provided that the air guide part number is 7E0 819 381 D...so "D" is the variant that fits the B pillar of a 2009 Transporter. Can anybody please confirm that?
Thanks a lot!

How many of you chaps have units right next to the vents?

Would anyone know which part numbers are for the shuttle ? I suspect they have the deeper B pillar but does anyone know?

Hi people,

Thanks a lot!
If I understand it correctly, the changing letter only refers to a later revision of the same part, ie any revision should fit and replace any other revision. Later revisions may have had a component or design change but will replace the older revision parts with no other changes necessary.
A different part number however will refer to a difference between parts, ie as in post #189 in this thread, the two parts shown have two different part numbers, but the same revision,
air guide part number 7H5 819 655 A is the larger version of the air guide that fits the California interior panels but the part 7H0 819 655 A which is a little bit smaller fits the panel van interior panels, the only difference between the part numbers is one number difference (7H5 vs 7H0) both parts are the H revision.
Different Parts.jpg

cheers
That air guide looks like the wider version that fits the California to me, look for the shape of the corner beneath the larger outlet, the corner is separate to the outlet, the panel van version has the corner melded in to the outlet.
Different Parts.jpg

That air guide looks like the wider version that fits the California to me, look for the shape of the corner beneath the larger outlet, the corner is separate to the outlet, the panel van version has the corner melded in to the outlet.
View attachment 138731
I messaged insurefit who are selling these kits on ebay and the have confirmed that it's for the panel van. I wanted to be double sure before I purchased. I does look like the wider one on the picture maybe this is a library image??

Back