For information.. this side is double skinned, thereforse to get the rubber hose to fit you have to grind away the inner skin.. which is hard work and frustratingly slow process

Well,I have yet to 100% convince myself but it appears that the OEM N/S rear quarter panel for a LWB does not come with cup holders like the Gen6.. no big shakes for some but this now means that I have to add some to complete the design requires I have.
Last few parts(velle roof linings) should be with our resident parts expert @Pauly this week which means were closer to the end goal.

Next on the mod'ing list is to re-trim the seats, re carbon the front end but to add a few additions.

So,the story behind this...
Basically a lack of space! With subs under the seat and O/S rear quarter full of I.C.E the only option was to get some small batteries(4) and all Ctek kit into the N/S rear quarter. (See previous photo's).

The plan has always been to upgrade the interior to Velle spec... this in itself has challenges as I have a LWB and many Gen6 parts are not available for LWB.

So now time to cut up a perfectly good (expensive) panel and try to make it end up as a respectable mod that meets the needs and requirements.

The difficulty with this is that I need access to the Ctek / CBE kit and any modifications need to be removable for access.

The rear battery (2/4) is to the rear of the wheel arch and have access to that via 'spare wheel jack access'.. so thats one headache done.

Next was the RCD and front battery (1/4).. this is a challenge and no easy task.

IMG-20180809-WA0020.jpeg

Top work @Fish You must have balls of steel to take a saw to that new panel :rofl:

Back