Aberdeenshire. We are going to see D+R camper conversions in Elgin today about sourcing and converting a van.
So excited.
:D

This will be the most expensive thing we have ever bought (apart from the house) and judging by some of these conversion threads, it might end up more expensive than it.
:laugh:
Haha way more north than me then!

Yes they can get quite expensive, research research research is my advice and every decision as a compromise

Yeah, hence the problem with trying to find converters.... and vans. We struggle to find anything locally so it's quite difficult.

Our trip North was a success and they can do something with the cubby hole above the rear view mirror which is great. They are going to add in a couple of USB points (which will let us charge the phones in the roof) and maybe the diesel heater control panel.
This is an idea I got from Fish's thread.
:)

Last edited:
Seeing as you seem to be knowledgeable about lowering vans fish...

We have a T30, eventually will lower it and have 18inch alloys. I read somewhere that 30mm is the best amount to lower it by in order to have a smooth ride but still "grass access" (you know for going across fields at festivals).
Would that be correct??

IMO.. no won't be smoother and yes still access.
Seeing as you seem to be knowledgeable about lowering vans fish...

We have a T30, eventually will lower it and have 18inch alloys. I read somewhere that 30mm is the best amount to lower it by in order to have a smooth ride but still "grass access" (you know for going across fields at festivals).
Would that be correct??

How the hell have you got it so low without air ? Are the coil overs wound right down ?
@Leehoops don’t get suckered in to believing everything that @Fish says (or doesn’t say)!!
If it looks too low to be on coilovers then it probably isn’t, unless of course he has changed his long standing aims and opted for the SoLow coilovers developed by THQ for Bilstein.:rolleyes:;):whistle:

@Leehoops don’t get suckered in to believing everything that @Fish says (or doesn’t say)!!
If it looks too low to be on coilovers then it probably isn’t, unless of course he has changed his long standing aims and opted for the SoLow coilovers developed by THQ for Bilstein.:rolleyes:;):whistle:
:rolleyes:

Back