Wow.... if you can update your van to have one of those new dashes (and it is designed to face the right way) then I cannot wait to see how you do it and how easy it is.
:)

I reckon the main issue with swapping to a 6.1 dash will be the BCM required to run it, from what I've read from a couple of people on here, VW are starting to lock down more of the access.

I reckon the main issue with swapping to a 6.1 dash will be the BCM required to run it, from what I've read from a couple of people on here, VW are starting to lock down more of the access.
Not what you know but the people you know that know....my guy:whistle:

Why is it that each time we go anywhere I am constantly saying we need to take less, but while I'm away I always make a 'new' list of things we need.. this 'cheaper' campervan life has turned out to be more expensive the exotic holidays we don't do anymore...

Why is it that each time we go anywhere I am constantly saying we need to take less, but while I'm away I always make a 'new' list of things we need.. this 'cheaper' campervan life has turned out to be more expensive the exotic holidays we don't do anymore...
Yes but how much fun are you having dreaming more ideas for the van?;)

New record of 140w generated atm.
I've had 142W but I can't get any higher without changing my controller. I have a Victron 75/10 and it's pegged at its maximum of 10A. I've been meaning to upgrade to a 100/20 but other expenses keep getting in the way.

No excuse.. get and change it.
Any alternatives to the Victron that are just as compact and reliable? I've just looked at the dimensions and the 100/20 is 20mm thicker than the 75/10 I have, which seems to be all down to the whacking great heatsink on it. Pretty sure it'll still fit where it is now but I need to check. Wish they did a 75/20, the 75/15 would probably do me now but I don't want to be going through this again next year if I change panel (or van!)

Back