Extra Door Seal/buffers

Does anyone reccomend a particular brand or supplier for these? Found some on eBay that have a good review plus include a dash trim rubber too.

You may find the doors and tailgate a little harder to close now that there's a better seal, my tailgate is a right pain now, I must get around to cutting a little gap to let the air in/out.

Factory seals have a little plastic panel that prevents the vacuum in the drivers door.

You may find the doors and tailgate a little harder to close now that there's a better seal, my tailgate is a right pain now, I must get around to cutting a little gap to let the air in/out.

Factory seals have a little plastic panel that prevents the vacuum in the drivers door.
Spot on with tailgate closing. Vacuum City that was.
I fitted 2no. 50mm round black vehicle gas vents to off-side rear panel where the original near-non-existent VW panelling was. Be careful of the near side though, as this houses the tailgate loom.

Have you got a picture of what you fitted and where?

What a pair of muppets for not spending £25 on the factory seals :laugh::rofl:

I didn’t realise what they were. I mean, why would one require ‘dust seals’? I don’t live in a dessert. o_O
If the option list stated that you can spend 20 odd quid on front doors not sounding like a Ford, then I would have jumped at it.:)

I’ll take a couple of fotos and post them.

I didn’t realise what they were. I mean, why would one require ‘dust seals’? I don’t live in a dessert. o_O
If the option list stated that you can spend 20 odd quid on front doors not sounding like a Ford, then I would have jumped at it.:)

I’ll take a couple of fotos and post them.

I was advised to add them, but they got missed off the final spec including front parking sensors, tow bar, soft close, voice activation.... doh :mad:

Just ordered some from the forum shop, theres a very slight wind noise from my doors, hopefully this will fix it.

There's a very obvious rebate around the edge of the door where the seal sits
Do they only fit down the rear edge of the door and underneath? nothing on top or hinge-side?
Ta
Phil

I was advised to add them, but they got missed off the final spec including front parking sensors, tow bar, soft close, voice activation.... doh :mad:
It never fails to surprise me when folk say "it got missed off" I spent a good couple of hours with the dealer going through all the options in the accessory brochure, we completed the dealer order there & then & he made me a copy. The dealer order then gets transferred to a factory order, which the dealer sends to VW, I was emailed a copy of the dealer/factory order before the dealer submitted it. I checked it against the order the dealer & I specced out, I approved it & the dealer submitted it to VW. When the van arrives, it is accompanied by the build sheet that the factory produces, I was emailed that by the dealer & I again checked that the factory had built what I had ordered, so far so good. When I picked up the van, I went round it with my order sheet & made sure everything was there, it wasn't. They had missed off the power latching to the side door, but the factory build sheet said it was on. They had fitted the wrong latch in the factory & all the gubbins for the power latching was there, just needed the latch swapping. This was just a small error. How did they manage to miss off a towbar ffs??

It was a ‘Breeze’ then was it?
Well it was actually, 'cos I didn't actually pick up on anything apart from the missing door catch. The factory build sheet was the same as my spec sheet, so if I hadn't been as thorough as I was, the end result would have been the same. i.e. I got what I ordered, nothing missed off. I think half the time stuff gets missed, is due to the customer not being clear & specific & the dealer being sloppy in transferring the customer order to the factory order. Fortunately in my case, neither applied, but I can see how it happens.

My salesman was just sloppy. He left so much of my spec from the order, that after 6 weeks of non communication, my van was pulled from the production line and I had to start again and re-order. So I lost 6 weeks.

To be fair to Breeze, in my case at least, they asked me to triple check that the quote was correct and I didn't notice those options were missing amongst all the others that were correctly on it.

And I did change my mind on the spec at least 20 times, at one point I scrubbed the whole order and very nearly put a deposit down on a California, then I saw sense. :laugh:

Back