Extra Door Seal/buffers

I see these are currently out of stock in the forum shop - any idea when they might be available again (and the spare wheel locking bolt!)?

Sorry mate its going to be at least a week on the door seal as it comes from Germany and only just realised we were out and ordered more.
Locking wheel bolts will be a bit sooner as they are in UK

Sorry mate its going to be at least a week on the door seal as it comes from Germany and only just realised we were out and ordered more.
Locking wheel bolts will be a bit sooner as they are in UK

No problem. Hopefully my van will be delivered next week. But do want to order both items.

Just put my order in after playing with @Ed Webb doors today. You don't realise how bad they are without them until you have 2 sat side by side to compare. (I did have to wash the mud off my hands after touching Ed's though..)

Got plenty in stock alongside the dash trim www.vwdialadapters.com

Easiest and quicker way is to head to our website, www.vwdialadapters.com. Everything you need is there and more! Got some cracking package deals and a brochure for the most popular products modders pickup. Any questions email: sales@vwdialadapters.com or iMessage: james@www.vwdialadapters.com. We get cracking reviews on our products, 39% of sales are currently from return customers (*Paypal Stats Oct 2017). Enjoy!

I'm pretty sure this is where my door seal came from.
It makes a massive difference in the way the door sounds and feels when you close it, but even better for me, ( as I live up a dusty stone track ), is how much cleaner the bottom door sills are.

I’m amazed at the difference this cheap mod has made, £3.99 for 3m online, job done, with a loan of the wife’s hairdryer

Grrrr, my van didn't come with this option, I'm sure the rep said it would get fitted as standard.

Anyway, it's out of stock in the shop, any idea of a delivery date to replenish stocks? :)

I was out in the van at the weekend and noticed quite a bit of road noise form my sliding doors. Can these seals be fitted to the sliding doors as well ?
I have that assisted closing thing. Not power doors just helps with the final close.

Just fitted seals to doors after prompt service from this forums shop. Doors sound expensive now! Thanks for this thread...

Is there a definitive rule as to seal runs horizontally all the way to the corner, or follows the wheel arch curve?

I've carefully read all the posts - it seems to be that the Caravelle which has the trim fitted as standard simply runs flat across the door to the corner. But pictures in this thread show it fitted both ways - probably simply personal preference...

Thanks.

Seal curve.jpg Seal straight.jpg arch.JPG

View attachment 19393 View attachment 19393 View attachment 19394 View attachment 19395

Last edited:
Mine had it as standard and it runs straight across. Can't see it making any difference though

I followed the OEM style - straight "L" (instead of "J" shape) because:
1) It won't have a chance to fill up with water because the water can drain out.
2) IMO keeps slightly better dust and dirt away from door well (in front corner) - forming nice straight "dirt" line. :)
T6_door_seal.jpg

Back