Extra Door Seal/buffers

did mine in an L shape (ie flat along bottom of door) on my T5 and then my T6....as per caravelle fitment.

Thanks Pauly - door seal arrived today - very prompt next day delivery, appreciated.

Should I be worried that I possiblly live a very mundane life, whereby fitting these has brought great excitement, did I really open and close the door that many times just to get the reassuring 'sounds like a Golf effect' ;)

They are standard fit on Caravelle's I believe, just not on transporters. They cut down on road noise and make the doors close with a satisfying clunk rather than a metallic rattle :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mine were delivered today, and installed this evening. Best value upgrade there is. Shouldn't be mind, as the guys in Hannover must be as tight as a moles eye in making this an 'option'.

The German race is often too analytical and thus being so miss the common sense option. Take the vehicle manual which is overly long about things we don't need to be told, and the English version doesn't contain imperial measurements.??

Just a little whinge, that's all.

Can’t rate these enough. You find yourself opening and closing the doors just listening to the dull thud instead of a tinny rattle.
If you really want the "sounds like a golf" experience, strip, dynamat & insulate the front doors in addition to the dust seal

I should have enquired as to what they were when I ordered the van. But now that I’ve fitted them, I’m head-over-heels in love with my front doors.....:whistle:
Yeah hindsight is a wonderful thing, I spent weeks configuring my Van. Every detail picked but wished I had gone for the detachable tow bar :(

Back