Extra Door Seal/buffers

The passenger door profile is different to the drivers door, to take into consideration the fuel cap. JonB, you have fitted the drivers door exactly as i and others have fitted. There is a difference of opinion on a couple of links as to wether it should kick up at the bottom of the doors as in your last pic, but i have mine kicking up in one continuous piece. I feel you only need to give this a tweek and it will be ok. Bear with it because this was a top mod imo when i fitted mine. The sound of the door when you close from outside feels 100% better. Have another look at the bottom of your door, it does look like the rubber could go closer to the profile of the door by a couple of mm. Mopardave is correct, you shouldn't be slamming to close.

I was one of those that queried if passenger door should be straight across or curve. I went for straight and all is good, a job like this is about my limit DIY wise, but following the pictutes in posts and pretty much it follows a naturally obvious path (which you have done) I fitted mine fine.

Perhaps worth pulling back the curved bit and making it straight, pretty sure it will still have enough stickiness to hold - defo try this before you bin as nothing to lose.

How does the door close if you have a window open? Trying to work out if it's a vacuum issue or if the seals are pushing the door further out.

My drivers door came from the factory sticking out about 5mm proud, cannot believe it left the factory like that and even worse for the dealer to miss it on PDI.

I’m having closing problems on drivers side.

Copied what everyone else has done :(

Hmmmm driving home today I was planning on ordering these from the shop but I'm a bit unsure now. Seems a few people are having this problem.

Did it push the door out of alignment from the body?

No, not that I noticed. The door is easier to close now, it still has its moments where a few attempts are needed. Unless Im just used to closing them with a little more force now.

I see the Travelin-lite one goes further in to how most fit them.

Anyone else done this before I try and remove and re apply.

I thought this was going to be simple lol.

A5420136-EB16-4BC9-A97C-A2F7A38D2AAE.jpeg

I had problem too, I bought a 14mm x 15mm length, the 14mm is the depth of it !
Works mint now and door closes every time

I see the Travelin-lite one goes further in to how most fit them.

Anyone else done this before I try and remove and re apply.

I thought this was going to be simple lol.

View attachment 32663

Really misleading to be honest. I put mine on the outside edge because that is what most guys have done and links i have watched, but as you say travelinlite have got theirs further in.
I have no problems with mine except yes sometimes it doesn't quite catch. I can live with that because it does sound better. I have tried the forum ones and travelinlite ones. Forum better quality, but tavelinlite ones have a shallower profile, and rubber is slightly more flexible. Forum ones, do feel like they would stand the test of time.

Gents.....I'm not claiming to be an expert in door seal fitting but I've fitted these to my T5 and T6 and never had a problem. I don't understand what the placement issue is either.....I just fitted mine in the same position as Caravelle seals. Mine were 14mm by 15mm in profile. Mine have been on my T6 3 years now.....no issues at all. Maybe I've been lucky? :thumbsup:

Back