Extra Door Seal/buffers

The thing I liked about them is people saying the door was tight to close after fitting so you know its snug & then eases a bit over couple days as it beds in
He gone on holiday for a couple weeks so not going to have them until early August some time.
If anyone wants some let me know, I will order 100m and split/post out when it arrives, will have to confirm price when he gets back but it will be slightly under £29 rich paid all depends on p&p costs to me and then on to you

Hi Pauly,

after showing my door seals to a couple of mates with T5's , they now want some, have you got plenty left ? I would want to order 2 lots if possible ?

They are listed in the T6 price list July 2016 @Thogg I dont no if they show on the configure ?

Body and chassis. Startline Trendline Highline Additional dust seal outside. Panel van/kombi £25.00 £30.00 £25.00 £30.00 £25.00 £30.00
It's not on the configurator anymore .
I asked dealer about it and he said we would have to wait and see if it is on your van ,luckily it is .

It's not on the configurator anymore .
I asked dealer about it and he said we would have to wait and see if it is on your van ,luckily it is .

Oh thats a strange one, i order them on mine and there all fitted :thumbsup:

I just cannot believe how "random" the whole vw ordering process is. Mine was a cancelled order so all this is irrelevant to me.......but the expression "pot luck" comes to mind! VW customer services need to get their sh*t together and understand that car/van buyers have a choice!!!!!

I just cannot believe how "random" the whole vw ordering process is. Mine was a cancelled order so all this is irrelevant to me.......but the expression "pot luck" comes to mind! VW customer services need to get their sh*t together and understand that car/van buyers have a choice!!!!!

here here, I was thinking the same, when I order my next van, I want to be 100% sure that I am getting what I have specced, if a dealer ever said to me "we'll have to wait and see when it arrives" I would lose it :)

Got my additional door seals from the Forum shop and they arrived in two days. thanks @Pauly for getting them out so quick, excellent service. Fitted them over the weekend, and well chuffed with the result. It's amazing that they make such a difference. Well worth every penny.

Yes just saw your order and realised i need to tweak the postage charge on them, £4.95 to deliver a mug :oops:

For those of you with factory fit additional door seals, if ever you have your front doors apart I recommend you spray some additional rust proofing inside the door cavity - down in the lower corner adjacent to the front wheels. The factory seals clip through holes in the doorframe and there was evidence of road gunk ingress already. Sprayed some black waxoyl into mine:

IMG_1477.JPG

Wax oil is a bit stinky, I prefer some cold cavity wax that comes in white and is more plesent for interior use..

I have one of these;
s-l300.jpg

And a gallon of cold cavity wax from our local panel beater suppliers.
this sort of thing;
1.jpg

Every time I have a section plug removed or anything exposed I spray it before it goes back together.

Hi all ,liking the though of a quiter closing doors . Door cards are removed and hoping to fit sound deadening to the outer skin of the doors. Found out the metal inner skin is a but more tricky to remove , looks like I will be drilling out revets to get in . Any one been mad enough to have done it ?
I've had mine soundproofed throughout, the dull thud when you knock on the panels is a very satisfying sound.

I fitted my extra door seals today - I've been waiting for the weather to warm up a bit and today was nice and sunny.
The door takes a definite shove to close now and has a satisfying "thunk" to it.

Last edited:
Back