Extra Door Seal/buffers

Wow..went on ebay..bought some d shaped door seal with the 3m sticky back..followed the pictures on here..and its like my doors are transformed...they sound more solid..secure and have a lovely thump when they close..Quality!!

Question is will it cut down on road noise abit?

Thanks to everyone for the advice

Does make a difference to the road noise, especially at motorway speeds :)

I found the same issue, fitted the secondary seals with little difference, I then fitted some more with better results, no difficulty closing either.

1A4F54EE-EAC3-4BE5-A641-A11CC45B2AFD.jpeg

9E571EF0-2478-4BAB-BA88-31E1C57C6A1F.jpeg

D97E2B69-DB74-4CB6-808B-6C7F05A48389.jpeg

Bought mine from X8R - great product and price, really quick service and easy to fit on a T6 - just follow the pressing lines on each door (you have to just be creative when it comes to the bottom of the passenger door though). More than enough to do 2 doors. The driver's door does take a firm push to shut but the difference something so simple makes is huge. I did say to my dealer yesterday that for the price of these vans these should be a standard fit on all of them.
They also do a great strip for the front screen as well that stops pens, tickets etc from getting stuck there forever!

Hi guys my drivers door after the seals feels like i needs more persuasion to close compared to the passenger side which seems spot on.

Strange :/

Yes - I have found the same - no doubt it will flatten a little over time.
Although I've just noticed on the instructions above that the drivers one is slightly different. That's probably why.... It says it should start on the middle step. I've done it same as passenger.

Likewise as mine didn't come with any instructions - but it's not really a problem and fitting them does make a big difference. Still think they should be standard fit though across the range - not to fit them is just penny pinching on VWs part. Even my Hyundai has them as standard!

Fitted my bargain £12.95 including post kit yesterday, no issues with adhesion with some liberal heat with the heat gun before application. @ArchieBear i noticed the instructions left to right were different but just followed the same line on the passenger diagram. No issues closing or opening the door. Doesn't sound like a Golf but sounds slightly better for sure.

Hi, just got some and a windscreen rubber and come with instructions. Fitting is slightly differnt for left and right door. Left door outer edge, right door middle edge.

View attachment 45381
just reading through these posts and as someone suggested before I fitted mine is that you should stop and cut the seal at the bottom corner and run it straight down so it allows any water or condensation to drip out..

Now bought on eBay (16mm) and put it here:
575D3A5B-5756-40C4-B071-1A88D4F19169.jpeg
I couldn’t close the door without slamming so moved it here:
0D1E4A74-E4FB-404E-B031-37B38DEC9240.jpeg
It didn’t stick great as I had moved it and it didn’t sound anywhere as near as good as the passenger door so I bought the Transporter HQ seal (15mm) and reading threads on here was convinced that after a while it will “bed in” so fitted it back in the first position. Still can’t close the door without slamming. Not sure if I should leave it there or move it straight to the position I’ve seen on this thread:

A79C27C1-2EC1-4DA4-8148-01E9E8F7F4B2.jpeg
Any recommendations?
It seems the eBay and transporter HQ showing it in the first position, travellin lite shows it in the second position and nowhere shows it in the third position.

Any ideas?

There is also comments on here about the Caravelle factory fit position but not sure which of these positions that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
@cgtmiles .....right mate..... Once more with feeling.....I've fitted these on both my previous T5 and my current T6 and experienced NO problems. I've posted on this several times because I just don't get what the issue is. I'm going to photograph mine and post them.....if I remember later today....but I'm old and forgetful!:rofl: Basically, what I did was photograph a caravelle and repeated what I saw. I did once buy a set that were too big and puckered up on any bends when I test fitted them. They looked horrible so I chucked 'em back in the envelope and never fitted them..... Size is crucial....anyway.....let me go photo the love bus!:thumbsup:

IMG_20200329_130729.jpg IMG_20200329_130742.jpg IMG_20200329_130808.jpg IMG_20200329_130808.jpg

Right.....do these help at all? Note.....they are simply in an L shape as per a caravelle.....and not kicked up following the line of the wheel arch.:thumbsup:IMG_20200329_130729.jpg IMG_20200329_130729.jpg IMG_20200329_130808.jpg IMG_20200329_130742.jpg

Ok, many thanks for going to the effort, great photos.

So this is exactly where mine are now apart from I have mine following the crease up by the wheel arch. I’m pretty sure the issue is at the other side of the door but I’ll try moving (or maybe just removing) the seal where it kicks up and see if that helps

cheers

Back