External 240v hook-up options?

Anyone fitted the EGrill form THQ, any thoughts on these, looks like a neat solution?
I'm slowly modelling the bits for this.

I have a cheap damaged ebay grill that I've cut the badge from and a couple of the hybrid Golf front hook up shells. So far I have modelled the front flush piece (the bit with the lettering in the picture) and the inner blank plate where the original socket was mounted.
I'm going to have a go at the curved piece the holds the badge to the flap next. The original (and too small) golf piece twists and locks on with a bayonet light bulb type action, to release it you have to excise a small rectangle on the flexible seal inside the door flap which lets you poke a small screwdriver in to tweak the plastic spring clip out of the way so the badge will twist off neatly.

I'm drifting between fitting the hook-up in there or maybe an Anderson plug for jump leads or external solar panels.

I started off in Tinkercad and then moved it into OpenSCAD which is a completely different beast to learn.

Badge_flap.png

Tinkercad model
Dustcap for EHU plug

The scad file just needs the .txt snipping off to open in OpenSCAD. The scad file is about 80 lines of text and is in a shocking state of bodged code so feel free to improve on it and share it back

Attachments

• Badge_flap.scad.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 5
The badge hook up is potentially the most pointless change you can do. You're parked and on hook up, just open the bonnet and connect the cable at the battery location and save yourself hundreds.
Fair point, I’m just thinking about all the options, but definitely don’t want the standard square flap on the rear panel,
it’s got to be user friendly so someone... other than myself can connect up easily when she goes away with the van on her own

Fair point, I’m just thinking about all the options, but definitely don’t want the standard square flap on the rear panel,
it’s got to be user friendly so someone... other than myself can connect up easily when she goes away with the van on her own
Mine, the cable is routed to the front battery position and coiled up in the space when not in use. Invisible unless on hook up.
D075F1E5-CA8A-4429-BE73-64759111D3AA.jpeg

Here’s mine which I recently fitted.

John.
I’ve ordered the same for mine - thanks for showing me a close up at Busfest.
I am undecided about which EHU connector to go for though. Whether to stick with the standard 16A one (hoping it fits) or look for a smaller one. What one is it that you used?

I’ve ordered the same for mine - thanks for showing me a close up at Busfest.
I am undecided about which EHU connector to go for though. Whether to stick with the standard 16A one (hoping it fits) or look for a smaller one. What one is it that you used?
I’ve been tempted with the small round connectors as they’re nice & compact and make for a neat installation. BUT, my main concern is being in a foreign land (we do extended trips to out of the way places in Europe), and losing/breaking/having it stolen/ the special EHU cable. If I stick to the conventional 16A blue, I can get them anywhere.

I’ve been tempted with the small round connectors as they’re nice & compact and make for a neat installation. BUT, my main concern is being in a foreign land (we do extended trips to out of the way places in Europe), and losing/breaking/having it stolen/ the special EHU cable. If I stick to the conventional 16A blue, I can get them anywhere.
Keep a spare plug with you?

The small connectors do look a little weedy. If someone trips over the lead do you think they (plug or socket) are more likely to break?

Hi all. Does anyone have photos of how they mounted the under rear bumper shore/ehu please

Back