Engine bay cable route through bulkhead/firewall

I've just done this. I spent a frustrating 10 minutes cutting the tape away from the grommet I thought went through the bulkhead. It's the wrong one;

towbar wiring3.jpg

Just in the background of the picture, behind the strut top, you can see a smaller grommet in a hole about 10mm. I pulled the grommet off from under the dash, cut a hole in it, fed the cable through and replaced. Job jobbed. There was even a second unused grommet there too.

Hi All,

2018 LWB Kombi ... Picked it up last week and due to horrible weather Iv not had chance to fit my charger and battery for download tomorrow, oh well!

Im struggling with the cable routing, Did a search which came up with a grommet in the passenger foot well, I think I see it but im struggling to get anything through and I didnt want to force it and damage it. It looks like its the adjuster for the left headlight? I could also get my hand to one slightly higher up but this felt like some sort of drain.

Is there any other route im missing, or can I pick up a feed from any of this under the passenger seat? Im guessing those big 40A are for the electric doors?

any advice gratefully received.

IMG_6057.jpg

There is a grommet behind the glovebox to just behind the battery.

I must be loosing my mind I took the battery out and couldnt see it, the only one there was to the right (looking at van) and hidden right behind, or are you talking about the one much higher up?

Thankyou, you bunch of lovely people!

I saw the first thread earlier but it just didn't look right... i should have eaten first!

I know what im doing now

Hi
In my kombi highline I used a spare cable under the passenger seat, so I didn’t need to go to main battery
Although if you have electric/ heated seats this may have been used

71296902-664F-4EEF-9031-E0E5CA209844.png

Can I use this hole in engine bay covered with rubber cap for PLUS battery cable (6mm2) and D+ cable from alternator (1.5mm2) to the cabin?

t6.jpg

VW T6.1 furgon (wheel on the left side)

No, it’s the aircon on drain, there isn’t a D+ from the alternator either :thumbsup:

there is a grommet in the plenum chamber behind the battery and if you need something similar to D+ then you can use the 2nnd battery relay isolator signal from the BCM

No, it’s the aircon on drain, there isn’t a D+ from the alternator either :thumbsup:

there is a grommet in the plenum chamber behind the battery and if you need something similar to D+ then you can use the 2nnd battery relay isolator signal from the BCM

I already have PLUS battery cable (factoUnder driver seat If PLUS battery cabel already

Thnx Deaky.
1. So I can connect "2nnd battery relay isolator signal from the BCM" directly to Votronic 121230 D+ input pin?
2. And use existing PLUS cable (factory) under driver seat (driver on zhe left side)?

My plan is to install second battery under passenger seat, with 1200W inverter and AC-DC charger for charging battery with 220V. I will not connect any refrigerator and neither solar setup. I will use it for notebook, some led lights and for charging phones/photo/camera.

can i bring this back alive and just ask where people put the ctek alternator small postive to...switched live piggyback in fusebox?
watched a vid for the fitment which at first i thought not bad...
do not use the air con drain pipe route, its toss... i siliconed my hole back up and replaced...far to close to metal work the wiring, upset my ying yang greatly.

thankyou to the others on this thread i shall find said gromet in the morning behind the glovebox.

I suggest using any of the empty ports towards the top of the centre column. It is important to have the piggy back cable exiting towards the passenger side otherwise you have no fuse protection.

I suggest using any of the empty ports towards the top of the centre column. It is important to have the piggy back cable exiting towards the passenger side otherwise you have no fuse protection.

many thanks...i wash in a rush to use van....had all carpets and seats out...put all my wires and my 240 hook up wires through the top left bulkhead grommet...(i have hook up under bonnet)...rebuilt everything...
guess who forgot the switched live....lol...what a tool.... nmind...

many thanks...i wash in a rush to use van....had all carpets and seats out...put all my wires and my 240 hook up wires through the top left bulkhead grommet...(i have hook up under bonnet)...rebuilt everything...
guess who forgot the switched live....lol...what a tool.... nmind...
You are not alone!

Back