Engine bay cable route through bulkhead/firewall

I wired up 6 ceiling LED spots last night and started to put the headlining back to realise one cabled LED was the wrong side of a hole too small to pass it through....... More haste, less speed.

Stumbled on this thread while looking to route my cable and was about to go through the grommet @travelvolts mentions, however it looks as though I already have a black cable going through it. Any idea what it might be for out of interest and is there another grommet further up which can be used?

9861FA7D-AFAF-47F5-B204-745FE80FA8DE.jpeg

Edit: Just had another look and found the one mentioned at the start of the thread so will use that. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi all, does anyone have the part number for this grommet? I used this aswell and have punctured it meaning it leaks inside. need to replace the gromit and go the other mentioned way through the bulkhead.

Forgive me for being cautious, but if I use the grommet behind the battery, for my 240v cable, where can I route my 12v Dc Dc charger cable?

I was under the impression, that you need to keep the two separate.

Has anyone drilled a new hole in the scuttle plate that sits above the battery ? I need to get the 240v mains cable from inside the scuttle area into the battery space for the EHU socket. The rubber grommet that passes between these areas is full!
IMG_6807.jpg

I've done that in the past.

Just remember to treat the metal and paint the cut to prevent corrosion.

I used 20mm copex. Corrugated tube for physical protection of the cable.

I've also seen 25mm stuffing gland being used.

I've also see the standard rubber grommet used.

Another option is to cut and extend the slot to make it wider to accommodate more cable.

see here as well . . .

1648214172833.png

1648214193276.png

Stumbled on this thread while looking to route my cable and was about to go through the grommet @travelvolts mentions, however it looks as though I already have a black cable going through it. Any idea what it might be for out of interest and is there another grommet
Stumbled on this thread while looking to route my cable and was about to go through the grommet @travelvolts mentions, however it looks as though I already have a black cable going through it. Any idea what it might be for out of interest and is there another grommet further up which can be used?

View attachment 92758

Edit: Just had another look and found the one mentioned at the start of the thread so will use that. Cheers
I'm in the same boat. But the bung mentioned at the start of this thread looks like the one in your picture with a cable going through. Can you point me in the right direction Rob ?

Back