Cables from engine to under seat- under gearstick

doningtonphil

VIP Member
Hello
I am planning on running the EHU cable and the B-2-B cable from the engine bay through the grommet in the bulkhead. I would then like to use the cable run that is on the left hand side of the drivers footwell. I have looked at the instructions about lifting the rubber floor and can see the channel I want to get to. How do I overcome the black plastic part that is on the floor under the gearstcik. It looks like cables comes out from under that. Is it easy tofeed cables around the back of the black plastic part so they appear in the 'cable tray' towards the drivers seat?

Or is it better to follow the run to under the passenger seat then across to the driver seat area?

I hope you can help

Phil

Yes, it's easy enough to route the cables on the floor when you get under the mat. There are some photos of the area on my camper build. Have fun :)

As above. Once you get the floor up you'll see the various cable routes and most of these will have room for another cable or two.
Remember to protect the cables where they pass through the bulkhead.

That black plastic trim part just pulls up. It is on sort of ridged plastic pins. You can then run your cables and push it back down.

That black plastic trim part just pulls up. It is on sort of ridged plastic pins. You can then run your cables and push it back down.
Thanks everyone for your replies.
Is there any chance if breaking any clips when you pull the plastic trim up? Never know how much effort to put in

Took mine up last week no probs. Use a pry tool if it helps, but I just pulled.

In fact, I think they are ridged metal spikes that the plastic pushes on to. See the one in front of the earth point.IMG_5872.png

Back