EGR flexi-pipe: Exhaust Fumes In Cab, Hissing From Engine Bay.

Can add mine to the list. I've noticed it blowing for a couple of weeks, but got round to checking it today.
Not so bad 84k miles...

Just fitted the modified EGR flexi pipe. Surely this should have been a VW recall as a broken pipe put exhaust fumes in the Van ! New part no. 04L 131 521 BH

2638F6BE-6A84-4871-A105-56ACCD24A37F.jpeg

No mention of that on the form? It doesn't take an engineer to state the safety aspect of the fault. The more reports the better - I doubt that VW submit a report when they replace the split ones.

The older I get, the more I realise that wasting my time (which by the way, is more valuable than the cost of an EGR pipe) battling muppets like VW main dealers for warranty work on things I can fix myself without the BS, the more I want to keep my 'out of warranty' T6 and stick 2 fingers up at big main dealers.

The DVSA report is for safety defects, a potential benefit being nobody gets intoxicated and falls unconscious while driving or gets poisoned.
Having a free EGR pipe is a bonus.

Thankfully my new discharge pipe arrived today (quicker from Germany than TPS) I’m quite relieved to have it repaired as I’m driving to Torridon tomorrow. VW must clearly see the common issue with such a difference in the modified part 14DDFE21-CB27-4A7D-8334-A5FA7748469E.jpegA21191A4-E63F-480D-A995-5BD4300FB423.jpeg

Could someone post photos showing location within the engine bay of a 2016 T6 please? I've been wondering about exhaust smells inside the van but think I'll replace preemptively anyway since we do a good proportion of our miles with kids.

Parts list would be good too, though must admit I haven't yet trawled the thread so apologies if it's here somewhere.

Please post your engine code - on sticker under dash by steering column - something like CAAC, CXGB....
MY16 T6 has quite a few different engines.

Please post your engine code - on sticker under dash by steering column - something like CAAC, CXGB....
MY16 T6 has quite a few different engines.
Thank you. CXHA

Guys i need a part number for the rear egr pipe
My engine code is cxh072085
Is it part number 04L131521bh?
And any links to one that does not require a bank loan
Kind regards

Back