Front Flexi pipe blanked off??

T6Bob32

LWB PV Startline to Camper Conversion
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi folks

Thought I'd replace the front Flexi pipe as it was looking a bit sooty and I've got low flow messages.

To my surprise, the end fitted to what I think is the EGR cooler, has a blanking plate fitted across it.

Behind it is a big fat pile of exhaust sludge. I'm guessing this engine has had some sort of EGR delete?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

PXL_20230225_104851236.jpg

PXL_20230225_104954898.jpg

You guessed correct, however blocking the pipe and doing nothing with the engine management isn’t a complete solution.
I’m guessing you’ve only had the van a short time, I suggest if you bought from a dealer you chase them down for a repair.

Thanks. Ye i've just had a read through an EGR delete thread on here, and noticed an ECU update would be required along with the installation of the blanking plate. I can see in the vehicles service history that an ECU update was performed (for £350!), shortly after it failed an MOT for the EML on. Hopefully that was it. It hasn't had the EML on in the 4 months i've owned the vehicle and seems to be working fine. I'll try and curb my anxiety for now.

Thanks. Ye i've just had a read through an EGR delete thread on here, and noticed an ECU update would be required along with the installation of the blanking plate. I can see in the vehicles service history that an ECU update was performed (for £350!), shortly after it failed an MOT for the EML on. Hopefully that was it. It hasn't had the EML on in the 4 months i've owned the vehicle and seems to be working fine. I'll try and curb my anxiety for now.
AFAIK deleting the EGR is an automatic MOT fail. As usual, I could be wrong.

AFAIK deleting the EGR is an automatic MOT fail. As usual, I could be wrong.
Anxiety renewed. Going off the MOT history, it has had advisories for "emissions too clean to register", which I assume could be because of the EGR delete

Anxiety renewed. Going off the MOT history, it has had advisories for "emissions too clean to register", which I assume could be because of the EGR delete
It isn't because of the EGR delete, most transporters (t6 onwards) don't tend to throw out enough out to log a reading with the emissions tester.

It isn't because of the EGR delete, most transporters (t6 onwards) don't tend to throw out enough out to log a reading with the emissions tester.
But why would that throw an advisory? I’ve never had one on the T6 or the Yeti (same engine)
“Congratulations sir, your vehicle has passed its MOT, but we noticed that the emissions are too clean, you might want to get that looked at!” :geek::whistle:

But why would that throw an advisory? I’ve never had one on the T6 or the Yeti (same engine)
“Congratulations sir, your vehicle has passed its MOT, but we noticed that the emissions are too clean, you might want to get that looked at!” :geek::whistle:
Its covering a testers back (or conscience)

It'll be a manual advisory written in by the tester, not all will do it that way. (I don't personally, if it doesn't read, it doesn't read..)

I had the same last MOT, no advisory just a verbal explanation as to why there was no emissions report. From what I understand it was to do with the neutral RPM limit and the DPF.
Not sure why they didn’t do the emissions test on the rollers if the RPM limit was an issue.

I had the same last MOT, no advisory just a verbal explanation as to why there was no emissions report. From what I understand it was to do with the neutral RPM limit and the DPF.
Not sure why they didn’t do the emissions test on the rollers if the RPM limit was an issue.
The results doing an emissions test when in the rollers are usually so low, that there’s almost no point in doing it that way.

So I’d imagine that’s why most would just say ‘too clean to rest’ and leave it at that.

Back