EGR flexi-pipe: Exhaust Fumes In Cab, Hissing From Engine Bay.

Mine failed at 10200 miles, replaced under warranty. Now at 10909 and smell returned. Currently with VW under warranty and they have said it could be an issue with turbo… awaiting more troubleshooting tomorrow.
My old Jag seems to be more reliable than my T6…shame Jaguar don’t make a Camper Van

Update: my leak was traced to a seal/gasket between the EGR Valve and Turbo I have been informed. Being replaced tomorrow under warranty.

Cam someone point out we're these 2 pipes are located. I've found one. Top front of tge engine

Cam someone point out we're these 2 pipes are located. I've found one. Top front of tge engine
The other one is above and behind the gearbox. Between the EGR on the RHS of the engine (eu6 viewed from front) and the exhaust down pipe. It’s L shaped and about 12cm on the long part of the L.

Mine's gone n'all..
Does anyone know anywhere with some in stock - I'm plucking up the courage to phone VW?

EGR.jpg

hello all,
has anyone noticed if there is in any part number variants or are they all the same part numbers??

The part number varies as they improve the design, you just buy the latest one.

Thanks loz. Noticed tge smell a couple of weeks ago. Only just managed to check it.
Can see the hole and can feel it blowing exhausted fumes

OK . Went to van centre manchester. Egr pipe, 2 gaskets. And 4 bolts. Just in case. From experience.
£153.00.
Bolts are 2 x m10 spline and 2 x m8 spline..

20211213_175319.jpg

20211213_175524.jpg

Sorry tried to edit my original post.
Can any of the egr pipe gurus tell me what this notch is for . Just looking, and one of the retaining clips of the gasket goes into it. Is this right.

16394201033173933723470817859577.jpg

16394202046663846438042907754654.jpg

16394202447782050600909196414074.jpg

I think you answered your own question. The holes must be slightly offset so this ensures you have shim gasket the correct way round.

I think you answered your own question. The holes must be slightly offset so this ensures you have shim gasket the correct way round.
Not sure I follow mate, That gasket can go any way loz pal. Just tried it

Hello all,
managed to get this done over the weekend.
its safe to say its a pig of a job on a caravelle 150 dsg.due to the air con pipes etc. 1 bolt proved to be a bit of a nightmare to say the least. i did find it easier to remove the oil breather pipe.
and come in from the left side to the back. another tip i will give was using a long shank spline bit M10 and rather than using a ratchet, witch was impossible to get in. use a 10mm open ended spanner on the hex of the shaft of the spline bit.

Back