Looks great Chris, good luck with it.
Are you doing any sort of MFSW exchange ? Happy with my standard wheel but leather is shot....
At present no. But we (Tracy) are (is) trying to talk the supplier in to it

Few updates guys n gals.

We now offer screen repairs on composition and discover media units.

We can supply clocks and various buttons Inc multifunction steering wheel buttons with different colour LEDs in and possibly other things like factory radio LEDs, window switches etc.

We now have the facility to offer remote headunit unlocking.

We've purchased a second 3D printer and are happy to help forum members out with any little projects they may want (this isn't a service we offer anywhere else this is exclusive to forum members).

We've also recently purchased a new oscilloscope and battery tester as we take on more and more diagnostic works. It's not our favourite job, bit it pays the bills.

Anything you think we are missing or need to offer as a business please drop us a message.

June is already fully booked and we're now taking bookings for July!

Hi everyone hope you're enjoying the bank holiday weekend! just a quick update there's been quite a few products added to the website and i'm still adding more. Services such as screen repairs have also been added and you can now select and get prices on products for either shipped or fitted by us. If you are wanting a bespoke system please still get in touch as we can often negociate prices if there's quite a bit of work to be done.

Also there will be kits going on there soon such as door speaker upgrades and full audio kits. We're open to suggestions so please feel free if something is missing let us know!

Thanks
Chris & Tracy

Hi Everyone.

Quite a few of you are wanting Discover Media unlocking, with things such as component protection removal, apple carplay unlock, android auto unlock. Also firmware updates, map updates and speed camera POI's we offer this as a remote service, postal service or you can come to us.

We also do composition media unlocking but we need the unit a few days and this unit cannot be done remotely.

Thought i'd post it as it will help some people, reduce search or posts being created and obviously from a business point of view i'd be stupid not to.

the link is HERE please make the selection in the photo below - remote unlocking will require the customer to have access to at least 1 SD card other than the Sat Nav SD card, A Laptop or Apple Book is required with Teamviewer installed which can be found HERE, There is some participation required by the customer nothing intense just pressing a few buttons and insert or remove an SD Card when instructed.
1654514176013.png

if you want Discover media unlocking please make the selection above you can pay for everything online. Once the order comes through i'll be in contact with a date and time to do it. There should be a notes box going up on the site shortly this will allow you to leave me you're Vehicle Reg and the SW Train of your headunit, his can be obtained by the following.

Turn on the headunit, Press & Hold the Menu button
1654514669326.png
Within 10 seconds the screen changes to Service mode or Engineering menu

1654514596381.png >
Select Software Update/ Versions the screen changes to software update record the Installed SW Train Version and let us know what it is

1654514539856.png

Cheers

Chris & Tracy

Last edited:
Been a busy few weeks and the diary is hotting up to (shame the weather isn't as hot). Lots of products now finding their way onto the website, we also have another cracking review which can be seen here this time from a repeat custom @Texxaco who had a remap of his engine and gearbox more info on what we can do can be found here. We have a few diary spaces left in June and July and we're taking bookings for August!

Plans are underway for a new workshop, we have a couple of locations we're looking at which are ideally situated near various retail parks, restaurants and links to the rail and bus networks making it easier for you to drop the van with us.

I'll be attending the annual meeting next month in Leicestershire, I'll be there on Saturday, it will be great to put some names to faces and meet up with some friends I'm looking forward to it!

If anyone needs anything feel free to get in touch.

Cheers Chris

Morning all! Few little updates I'll be at the forum meet later on today and I'm bringing the laptop and mapping kit with me for @T6ARF but I'll be available if anyone needs anything. Looking forward to putting some names to faces!

Also our 3D Printed speaker pods are in final revision stages we're just trying to figure out a reasonable market value they'll come in the carpeted options or non carpeted.

Also last off as it was so bad we had an customer come to us with cruise control that was "professionally installed".

More of a heads up but if you are running wires in please don't use 8 crimp connections on 1 wire and please don't drill holes in the bulkhead and pass a single insulated wire through the hole when there's a perfectly good cable run with a grommet below. Ended up ripping all this out just so we could find the actual fault.

That's all for now!

Cheers

20220720_150045.jpg

20220720_150051.jpg

20220720_150102.jpg

20220721_103222.jpg

20220721_103217 (1).jpg

20220721_130441.jpg

20220721_130445.jpg

20220721_131059.jpg

20220721_131625.jpg

Just a little update for you all. Due to professional differences we have took temporary residence at another site in Mansfield and will no longer work from our base in Chesterfield.

Also our 3D printed rear speaker pods are now done and my 3D printer hasn't been turned off for a week! These will be on the website shortly. In the mean time @Texxaco has kindly offered to fit a pair to his beautiful van. These are cheaper than most of the ones you see on the market but we feel have a better build quality as they're all one piece and very light weight whilst staying extremely sturdy. We use environmentally friendly plastic that can be recycled and is also extremely stable meaning it won't react to most chemicals and adhesives.

IMG-20220727-WA0041.jpg

IMG-20220728-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20220728-WA0005 (1).jpg

IMG-20220728-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220728-WA0006.jpg

Just a little update for you all. Due to professional differences we have took temporary residence at another site in Mansfield and will no longer work from our base in Chesterfield.

Also our 3D printed rear speaker pods are now done and my 3D printer hasn't been turned off for a week! These will be on the website shortly. In the mean time @Texxaco has kindly offered to fit a pair to his beautiful van. These are cheaper than most of the ones you see on the market but we feel have a better build quality as they're all one piece and very light weight whilst staying extremely sturdy. We use environmentally friendly plastic that can be recycled and is also extremely stable meaning it won't react to most chemicals and adhesives.

View attachment 167374

View attachment 167375

View attachment 167376

View attachment 167377

View attachment 167378
They are very robust, I dropped one when fitting it out off the van, it bounced with no cracks or damage. Carpet gloss to it easy as other materials. Easy to drill and fit. Loving mine.

View attachment 167374

View attachment 167375

View attachment 167376

View attachment 167377

View attachment 167378
No @JOG calling out my red seat belts, or in @JOG’s case pink.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
I don't often comment on services but I just wanted to say a big thanks to Chris for going up and beyond with the rear view camera kit I purchased from Dav-tec for my barn door t6 with discover media headunit. Turned up next day and after discussing a few queries over phone he advised the best way to wire it up (not using the reverse light!!) certainly cannot fault his service in anyway and would recommend to anyone!
Appreciate the help once again mate.

Hi all, lots have been added to the webshop including our in-house 3D scanned and Printed Rear speaker pods @Texxaco can vouch for their quality as he had the very first set!

Exciting news for us guys!

We now have our own unit! Located in Bolsover we're 5 mins from J29A of the M1.

There's a fantastic cake shop/cafe over the road, Bolsover Castle is 5 mins away, Chesterfield Train Station is 15 mins away by car or taxi and there's a bus stop right outside our premises.

There's plenty to see and do around Chesterfield whilst we work on your vehicle. From the Crooked Spire and Barrow Hill Roundhouse Railway Centre to Hardwick Hall and Chesterfield Canal systems.

If that's not your thing Nottingham city centre is 40mins by Train or Sheffield is 12 mins by Train.

There's quite a bit of work we need to do to the unit to get it to how we want it but bear with us it will get there.

Unfortunately there will be no customer waiting area and customers won't be able to wait on site due to insurance company prohibiting it. But we won't see you out in the rain either and there's always the offer of a brew.

In the spring once we've got the unit to an acceptable level we will be holding an open day with some of the best vans and dearest customers on display.

Last off we are on a budget so if you are removing your old kitchen and are happy for us to recycle it please get in touch. We're not asking for freebies we're willing to pay but just trying to keep the over heads down as taking the unit on is a big step for us in the current financial market but a risk we need to take. Donations are also welcome

Required is.
1x Sink with drainer
1x Small fridge
Various kitchen base units
12 meters of worktops. (Preferably Black or Grey and matching but beggars can't be choosers) Can arrange collection etc.

I'd also like to thank everyone on the forum @Pauly ,@Dellmassive , @Loz and the moderators for supporting and tagging us in comments to all of you who have been/who are customers and some of you friends @T6ARF @Texxaco

With out your support we couldn't of got this far and it truly is appreciated!

Many thanks
Dav-Tec Team

So to follow on from the above post…. long story short, if you’re having any EGR or ADBLUE faults/issues, or you simply want a quality custom remap, you could do far worse than to get in touch with Chris @Dav-Tec

However if you like more of a long story…. head over here….

A big thanks to Chris @Dav-Tec for fitting a dash cam in my t6.1 today. Top service from start to finish, provided great advice on the right product/model for my needs and has made a really neat job. Couldn’t ask for more.

No doubt I’ll be back for leisure battery / electric hook up install amongst many other bits in the near future.

A big thanks to Chris @Dav-Tec for fitting a dash cam in my t6.1 today. Top service from start to finish, provided great advice on the right product/model for my needs and has made a really neat job. Couldn’t ask for more.

No doubt I’ll be back for leisure battery / electric hook up install amongst many other bits in the near future.
No problem buddy. Glad you had a great experience
Hope to see you soon

@Dav-Tec

Chris, thanks for chatting this afternoon at your new unit.
I've just let Mrs moomin-j know about your special T6 Forum offer of £20 for anything to be fitted - she seemed well impressed at such a good price!!
I'll be in touch soon...

:thumbsup:

@Dav-Tec

Chris, thanks for chatting this afternoon at your new unit.
I've just let Mrs moomin-j know about your special T6 Forum offer of £20 for anything to be fitted - she seemed well impressed at such a good price!!
I'll be in touch soon...

:thumbsup:
See you soon brother!

A few updates. We have lots more products to offer but setting up the new Dav-Tec HQ has made the webshop go on the back burner.

Speaking of which, the new unit is coming on nicely. Still a bit of a rough diamond but as my mate and step-dad keep saying... Rome wasn't built in a day. A massive thanks to the member on here that have very generously helped out with things. You know who you are.

Now we have our own place this also means we're now going to be setup for more work like carpet and ply lining, halo ceilings and camper electrics (thanks to some expert advice from @Dellmassive as let's face it he may as well be a pro leisure electrics installer. I'm sure his middle name is LifePo.

We've also been mega busy with Remaps recently with awesome feed back from all of you on here. Below is @T6ARF data log in graph form using some rather fancy software we have access to. As you can see after we finished there is power throughout the rev range and everything is much more inline with what we'd expect.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

All the best
Chris & Tracy

IMG-20220924-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20220924-WA0006.jpg

Back