What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Fitted my ‘like a golf’ door trims, dashboard hole of doom rubber trim, golf ball tow ball cover and DRL LEDs (temporary until I decide what headlamps I want).

EHU socket fitted, granted its not the best place to have it but it'll do for now. Pre wire of the CU ready for installation (once I can decide where to put it).

Also, removed screws from ply floor and bonded it to the ply batons with tiger seal. Vinyl cut to shape and 15mm oversize ready for final trim and bonding to ply.

20220617_170134.jpg

20220617_192856.jpg

20220617_193044.jpg

20220614_171524.jpg

Socket fitted for connection to additional solar panel for extra power when without EHU. Wired back to under drivers seat using Y connectors to give parallel connection for Ctek unit. Also fitted vent to give extra air flow around fridge so hopefully run a bit cooler in hot weather.

53B68FB6-75C6-46CF-87EC-177C430D03AD.jpeg13254FF2-E9FA-4115-B801-A0FA076D0A32.jpegC5C1BFC9-A43F-4725-A55A-38725B8A98FA.jpeg0C2930C8-9CB7-4BAC-8B0D-322831999DDF.jpeg

Where dod you get the Anderson socket from? Got a link please?
Socket and plugs

Managed to sort the needle sweep with OBDEleven - did the auto locking and teardrop wipe too.

Also, managed to work out how to get to the fusebox as the new van has a comfort dash - so I could fit a piggy back fuse for ignition live for the dashcam that is now up and running.

It’s not what I have done to Floyd this weekend more what Chris @Dav-Tec has done to him!

Having had a split EGR Flexi pipe I decided now was the time to delete it and get a remap courtesy of @Dav-Tec. Chris scanned Floyd to discover that my DSG hasn’t been chipped at all. Not to be discouraged Chris set up his laptop and we took Floyd for runs locked in 3rd while he data logged the ECU. On our return Chris sent the map files and data logs to his file developer who wrote a custom map, Chris then uploaded it and off we went on another run.

To cut a long story short, max revs in 3rd went from 4,500 to 4,800 and the smile on my face on our first run with the new map, omg, it was scary how quick the van was, a few more data logs and I had an ear to ear grin

Now Chris added the DSG map, this proved to be a game changer, Floyd is now on steroids, unbelievable response, massive smiles all round.

So the van is 204bhp as standard, whereas it’s now estimated around 250bhp and trust me it blows my mind.

Max torque is now at a mad 567nm.

Chris and his file writer worked wonders on Floyd and I can honestly state that if you want an ear to ear smile get your van to @Dav-Tec.

You will not be disappointed!!!

Last edited:
Ah, cheers @Texxaco appreciate the positive feedback. Just want to add the figures are what have been data logged and I haven't had a chance to finalise the results to create a graph yet but it's 90% there. The only way to be 100% certain is by putting it on a Dyno to get true figures but from a driveability point of view, a live data logged map will always drive better than anything done setup in lab conditions on a Dyno and good tuning companies always data log their maps after it's been on a Dyno to check everything works in the real world. We haven't got to the point yet where we can afford a Dyno so until then I and my file developer feel from personal experiences this is the best way to proceed and haven't had any complaints or issues in the 2 years Dav-Tec has been running.

NOTE: A Dyno calculates HP by measuring the Torque and then by using the formula RPM x Torque (NM) / 7127. The same applies for lb.ft but you divide by 5252. We apply the same formula to the data logged data to get calculated readings but again the only way to measure it is on a Dyno but we find this method is usually very accurate.

Also, this was a 3rd gear pull. On a Dyno in this vehicle, it would be done in 5th but on a public highway obviously, we can't do this as you'd very quickly exceed the national speed limit. Remember it's not all about power figures it's about how the vehicle performs and drives SAFELY!

PETE GRAPH 1.jpg

PETE GRAPH.jpg

Last edited:
I made a projector screen in our pop-top roof using white foam board and some Velcro straps. Fun testing it out on a campsite down in Weymouth this weekend. The pop top seems the perfect angle to project onto when viewing from the bed in the van.

2A804A1E-2C0F-4DD0-BA7A-D72D5DCA3CD8.jpeg

Finally changed the budget front tyres from the 275/40/20 to 265/40/20 eagle F1s, it’s made such a difference, been wanting to do this since I got the van but decided to wait until I’d worn them down a bit

Back