Thank you for your reply
I was thinking about doing the same but saw the complete dash and managed to get it for £1500 which I thought was a good price for everything.
I build camper vans for a living and I’ve done a lot of modifications in my time so I thought I’d give it a go.
I’ll take lots of pics and post a separate thread on how it goes. I have a t6 dash that I bought a while back so that will show me where the fixings are at least.
thank you for your reply and photos. We’re the clocks easy enough to remove? I can see how everything else comes out from the other dash I have.
also, have you got a part number for the heater control surround panel? The dash I’m getting has the full climate panel and needs to be swapped but can’t see the number on the parts catalogue.
many thanks.
luke.

Clocks come out easy enough, can’t remember how but don’t remember anything technical. Couple of T20 torx behind the pop off trim possibly?
As for heater panel surround, I’ll check my parts list tomorrow if I get chance.

Clocks come out easy enough, can’t remember how but don’t remember anything technical. Couple of T20 torx behind the pop off trim possibly?
As for heater panel surround, I’ll check my parts list tomorrow if I get chance.
Thank you. That would be really helpful. It lists several numbers on parts link but doesn’t give any info about what controls they’re for. Thanks again.

hello all , could anyone direct me to were i could purchase a passenger rear trim in the comfort dash colour structural? as i have one that is damaged. or maybe a supplier of the wrap material itself?
its for the rear panel over the wheel arch.. thanks

hello all , could anyone direct me to were i could purchase a passenger rear trim in the comfort dash colour structural? as i have one that is damaged. or maybe a supplier of the wrap material itself?
its for the rear panel over the wheel arch.. thanks
Do you have a pic of it?

I very much doubt you’ll find a wrap to match as that looks textured. Try Vw or TPS for one.

From what I can find. The colour is called structural. It doesn't seem to be textured.

I'd be surprised if you can buy just the decorative strip, vw will probably want to sell you the whole panel. I hope for your sake I'm proved wrong though.

been doing some digging and i think a similar if not the same pattern would be a silver carbon effect, now i cant make my mind up to weather they have been Dipped or Wraped

View attachment 2373 Hate the open dash compartments on the T6 van
Here's one cheap skate version to fitting a glove box.......

There is a plastic trim (same as the dash material) behind the drivers seat This nearly fits the top opening and only needs a little mod.

Nowhere near as smart as a glove box conversion but hides all that's behind at no cost at all
this is a great idea! can you upload pics of it open, and what hinges you used? id imagine gently heating it would get a nice curve to it too.
Thanks

hi all, been looking at this and bought some parts on the cheap but i think i may have been sent a LHD speedo bezel, its code is: ZSB ZE5 857 053D can anyone confirm this is the case?

Že jo. Totální bolest ve Wangu.

Vystřihněte to všechno a podařilo se mi to správně usadit a zarovnat se zbytkem obložení.
Jak říkáš, nic se nehodí. Dokonce ani leskle černé středové větrací otvory nejsou přímo vhodné bez zbytku lesklých černých částí s malými výstupky.

Také odkládací schránka se neotevře, aniž byste trochu zatlačili přístrojovou desku nahoru, takže jsem vyřízl drážku, aby se horní část otevřela, aniž bych ji zatlačil nahoru.
Právě jsem odřízl hranu, která je viditelná, takže jsem použil polyuretanový tmel, abych ho vyhladil a vytvořil texturu, která se skryje. Uvidíme, jak to bude vypadat zítra.

Plastově jsem přivařil pevnou spodní lištu, když je krabice otevřená, a poté polyuretanový tmel, abych vyplnil nedokonalosti a vytvořil texturu až k okraji.
Mělo by to vypadat dobře.

Jakékoli nedokonalosti obrousím a použiji texturovaný sprej.
prosím o oříznutí horní části nevím jak moc děkuji

Why doesnt someone with a 3D printer, create a simple insert with lid to slot into the upper glovebox?. You'd sell loads. Everyone would want one.

Back