@Mattsvan ,I know where you are coming from .when I took the dash apart on my hire van ,I knew it was going to be a lot of work to get glove box in .
I bought my glove box and vent 5 weeks ago as vw told me no stock and didn't no how long ,it took 3 days .So I am now part committed .I will go price whole dash up ,but I think it will be near £2000 .
5 peice colour set and the centre lower you already fitted ,there is nearly a £1000 there .
I will call at exploria Ltd and have a good look at the dash on there demo van ,and see how they finished it off under glove box.

@carlg that would be interesting to see how exploria have finished it at base of glovebox. He turns out high quality work so I'm expecting good things. I've got pics of velle dash close up shots that I need to upload. I'm thinking complete dash without extra trims is circa £400 but again if you could find out your end it would help.

@Mattsvan ,exploria did my last van ,and yes he turns out some nice vans ,one of there last ones they did with dash mods and conversion must be around a £16000 job ,so I am sure they will do something good to finishing it .I am not far from both dealer and exploria this week so I will go to both .

@Mattsvan ,exploria did my last van ,and yes he turns out some nice vans ,one of there last ones they did with dash mods and conversion must be around a £16000 job ,so I am sure they will do something good to finishing it .I am not far from both dealer and exploria this week so I will go to both .

Great, he's one of the original converters before every Tom dick and Harry jumped on the band wagon.

So, who wants to guess how much a velle dash costs without any extra trims, just the dashboard?!!!

I'm optimistic with £400.00 + VAT

@Mattsvan ,would you be able to upload a photo of glove box open ,so I can see what needs to be done at the bottom ,re finishing off
Bet your not far off with the dash price ,hopefully calling at dealer tomorrow.

@Mattsvan ,price for velle dash only ,deep breaths £896+VAT
Complete dash with all the trimmings
£2645 Inc VAT
Ways of making good at the bottom, found a flocking kit on eBay or some black felt ,

I'll get some discount on that and can claim VAT back but it's a bit mad. Have you got a link to the felt @carlg ? See @Polzeylad we've almost got a dash like yours & we'll have felt bits.

@Mattsvan ,those prices were with discount as he showed me a quote he had done for a trade guy .
No link to felt ,but you could try Hobby craft or look on eBay

Hi all, so joking apart new dash cost is way off value for money. So as I look at my dash I don't need the space for storage. Wondering if the gloss door could be made to fit as a semi permanant cover? Perhaps leaving the dash undamaged for future resale? Any thoughts?
Perhaps even a 3D printed part could be made and finished in variaty of colours to suite individual taste. ?? (Rights to the idea retained here)

Back