Bikes in the back

What does that attach to on the van (clearly not a tow bar).

Thanks,

Pete

What does that attach to on the van (clearly not a tow bar).

Thanks,

Pete
It’s a Cate Carrier (sorry - should have said) and attaches to plates that bolt through the same chassis mounting holes as the towbar. There is a thread showing the installation. TÜV approved to carry 250kg on the T6, it can carry up to 300kg on some other vehicles.

I've had an hydraulic Easy Lifter for motorbikes on the back of my Land Rover Defender in the past but I want to carry more than one and I don't want them visible from the outside. I've been followed back from enduros and trials too many times by those gentlemen in scruffy white flatbed Ford Transits before.

Jesus some of you guys really go for the internal strap down systems. We just bungee our bikes to rear headrests on 2nd row. If going camping then front wheel off and turn handlebars then. 3 x 27.5in MTB's with junior bike in mine below with full camping gear. Dont worry gas bottle was moved,

IMG_20200725_122249.thumb.jpg.711bca13565daa40f140a4409a31409e.jpg

Jesus some of you guys really go for the internal strap down systems. We just bungee our bikes to rear headrests on 2nd row. If going camping then front wheel off and turn handlebars then. 3 x 27.5in MTB's with junior bike in mine below with full camping gear. Dont worry gas bottle was moved,

View attachment 105492
Still plenty of room to sleep on top.

View attachment 105492
Is the hound in there somewhere?

Has anyone used the following type of rack behind the seats to stop the bikes banging together, seems like it could be a cheap solution? Not interested in spending a lot but bikes are getting scratched as it is now. We have 2 adult and 3 kids bikes

Screenshot_20220724_201654_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have that rack in the garage. Wouldn't give them the side to side support you want when cornering, they'd still end up wobbling a bit

Has anyone used the following type of rack behind the seats to stop the bikes banging together, seems like it could be a cheap solution? Not interested in spending a lot but bikes are getting scratched as it is now. We have 2 adult and 3 kids bikes

Do you currently just have them resting on each other? If so, you could pop something like a pool noodle between each one, and then cinch them all together to stop them moving about.

I also find when transporting bikes, that using a reusable ziptie to squeeze the brake levers helps greatly reduce the amount of movement.

Yes just bung them all in with bits of carpet underlay between them at the moment, it's not ideal and end up rubbing. I'll try the zip ties for now

Thanks all

Back