Immaculate And Unique T5gp Campervan Lwb With California Seats.

superchargedpolo

T6 Pro
I have tried to keep the description concise but this van deserves a full write up. These pictures really don't do the van justice.

Headlines:
· Olympian Metallic blue. 6 Speed manual gearbox.
· 56k miles
· 12 months MOT
· Full VW service history. Maintained with the correct specification VW longlife fully synthetic oil and VW parts all its life.
· Major service just carried out including fuel filter and front brakes.
· Cambelt, water pump, auxiliary belt and coolant replaced just over 1 year ago (49k miles).
· 140bhp common rail TDi engine remapped to 180bhp by Ecotune in Glasgow. This can be returned to standard if desired, at no cost.

General specification:
· Registered with the DVLA as a motor caravan which means car speed limits apply and is far cheaper to insure.
· Front Fog lights with cornering function.
· LED DRL mounted in front bumper.
· Electric windows and folding wing mirrors.
· Rear reversing sensors with disable switch for towing etc.
· Caravelle aero windscreen wipers.
· 17" VW steel wheels. Powder coated gunmetal grey with all-weather tyres.
· Cruise control. Driver Information System - mpg, trip distance etc.
· Leather steering wheel.
· Westfalia detachable towbar with 7pin electrics.

ICE:
Alpine headunit with CD, Radio, DVD, Bluetooth, AUX-in.
Pure Highway 300Di DAB add-on with roof mounted ariel.
Alpine PMX-F640 4x50w amplifier mounted under the drivers seat.
Rainbow audio IL C8.2F front component speakers
Rockford Fosgate P1683 6x8 3-way rear speakers in custom enclosures.
All the above runs off the leisure battery so that you can listen to the radio when parked up for the night. This also means that the stereo doesn’t cut out when you start the engine.

Electrical:
100Ah Platinum VRLA AGM leisure battery installed under the passenger seat. This is connected to a 70Amp split charge relay which only connects to the main battery when the engine is running.
600w inverter mounted under the driver’s seat. 240v plug at the back of the seat with a remote switch to energise the inverter.
Two 12v outlets mounted in the rear of the van, under the rear speaker enclosures.
Two 12v outlets in the main dash. One in the cup holder and one on top of the dash.
Three separate switches to operate the discrete (recessed) roof and floor mounted internal LED lights. There is a row on the LHS, RHS and under the kitchen units.
Step lights located in the front two doors and sliding door. LED lights above the barn doors which energise when the rear doors are opened.
Three position switch on the dash to allow the door activated lights to be turned off. This stops you blinding anyone else in the van when you nip out of the sliding door at night.
There is one final 12v socket located in the side unit to power the ultra-efficient Waeco CDF 18L compressor fridge. Access is from the top and the fridge can be removed when not in use.

Heating:
Eberspacher D2 diesel heater with 801 thermostat controller and mobile phone call app. This heater is incredibly efficient and only uses circa 0.2L of diesel per hour when ticking over at night. It is mounted under the van with a single outlet at the back of the driver’s seat. The phone app allows you to turn the heater on with your mobile when you are away from the van. It also illuminates a bright red LED to confirm the message has been received.

Insulation and sound deadening:
The van is fully insulated in the roof, doors, floor and side panels. In addition, sound deadening material has been strategically installed to stop any panel vibration. The front doors are fully deadened due to the upgraded speakers.

Living area - Seating and Bed:
Both front seats are from a VW California and included lumbar support and arm rests. They are mounted on VW swivels which are THE ONLY crash tested swivel available. Everything else on the market is PULL tested. The swivels are beautifully engineered and spin / lock in place very easily.
After a huge amount of research it was decided to install a California sliding double seat in the rear of the van, on the LHS. This is also THE ONLY crash tested system on the market (anything else is PULL Tested) and has been installed with genuine VW under floor brackets and nuts. It will slide all the way forward, all the way to the rear or any position in between. It also has 2 ISOFIX points and the seat has an upright or reclined position for seating.
There is also a massive storage drawer incorporated in the seat and 2 handy custom made cubby holes either side of the main storage drawer. The main bonus of this van over the ACTUAL VW California is the sliding door is on the LHS of the van, which means your rear passengers don’t have to get out on road side of the van. If I had children, this is the only seat I would put them in.
Once moved forward the seat fully reclines and aligns perfectly with the rear bed platform. This makes an extremely comfortable bed once combined with a memory foam topper. The rear platform is removable to allow for a huge storage area. However, there is a great deal of storage space under this platform when installed. The rear cushion is trimmed in red Harris Tweed.

Living Area Unit.
Hand crafted from lightweight vorhinger board with a Bamboo plywood worktop and striking metallic red vinyl wrapped doors. All the doors and drawers are push to latch and push to open. No handles needed. There is a massive amount of usable storage space and worktop space (very rare in most vans) and no need for a high level unit.
The worktop pivots up toward the rear of the van to reveal a huge storage area. A bit like a toy box hinge. There is also a small, long, cupboard under this. It’s accessed from under the bed platform and is handy for storing folding chairs, wheel chocks etc.
To the very rear of the van is storage for 25l of water for the sink and cold water shower. The shower is really handy for hosing down dirty or sandy boots, feet, bikes and can be used as a shower in the summer.
There are 3 additional large cupboards and 1 small cupboard, all wrapped in red. One houses the gas locker and camping gaz cylinder. The other 2 large cupboards have shelves and dividers for kitchen equipment and food. The final small cupboard is located under the removable fridge and has a custom tray for storing outdoor equipment.
A stainless steel sink and 2 burner gas hob is located on the main worktop with ample worktop space either side. When not in use the glass lids fold down to cover this appliance.

Living area roof, floor, windows:
The roof has been made from one piece of material, no joins and covered in Harris Tweed.
Insulated floor. With plywood on top and 3mm blue rubber floor tiles to complete the look. There is no gap between the front cab and rear floor. This has been finished with an aluminium angle profile. There is also NO gap between the rubber floor and VW aluminium floor rail covers.
The glass in the van is genuine VW tinted glass. This is the only glass that fits the profile of the van perfectly and looks amazing when viewed down the side of the van. The front right window, next to the kitchen is a sliding version.
There are also 4 separate curtains that are held in place with integral rare earth magnets. They are blackout material on the outside, a subtle tweed on the inside and have a hydroscopic insulating core between the 2 fabrics. They help keep the heat in and reduce noise and condensation. It also means that when removed, you get the entire window aperture to look out of. They can be rolled up, when not in use and stored in a special storage cubby hole in the main seat.

Misc:
Front suspension and chassis components treated with rust inhibitor. Also a genuine VW under tray has been fitted under the engine.
VW tailored waterproof seat covers are included in the sale but not shown in these pictures.
Genuine VW jack and tool storage unit attached to rear of double seat. Tow bar can also be stored in here.
VW colour coded rear roof spoiler.
Rear bumper protector wrapped in metallic black. This won’t fade unlike the VW version.

I have owned this van for most of its life. I met the gentleman who owned it before me and he used it for water sports at the weekend and as his daily driver during the week. This has NEVER been a builders van and has been very well looked after all its life. It has always been serviced with VW parts and the engine has never missed a beat.

I am proud to own and run Kylesku Campevans. You can see from my Facebook page how passionate I am about doing things correctly, safely and to the highest quality standards. This is my own personal van and the conversion is unique and bespoke. The only reason I am selling the van is to fund my next BIG van build project. This will be a Crafter / Sprinter sized project. I genuinely don’t think you will find a van of this standard, specification and quality even if you are considering a California.

The price is £29,500 and there is a degree of room to customise anything you think I have missed.

A full album can be found on my FB page:
Kylesku Campervans

30726140_1398860076926627_7754908012384354304_o.jpg

There are also 4 separate curtains that are held in place with integral rare earth magnets. They are blackout material on the outside, a subtle tweed on the inside and have a hydroscopic insulating core between the 2 fabrics.
Your curtains look cool and to be made of classy fabric. What size and number of magnets did you use to ensure they stayed in place?

Back