Help me pick a van please

I guess I'm trying to ascertain what makes the Caravelle better than the Shuttle, as it looks like I'd have to buy the Caravelle untried and tested

Could I ask you to elaborate a little on why, please?
I would ask, wha5 has the shuttle got over the Caravelle, the only thing I can think of is the engine power. If that is an issue for you then a remap would solve that. As you said you don’t need all the seats in the shuttle and I’ve read it can make a difference insurance wise.
interior wise the Valle is far nice, but you just need to go look even if you can’t drive it.

I would ask, wha5 has the shuttle got over the Caravelle, the only thing I can think of is the engine power. If that is an issue for you then a remap would solve that. As you said you don’t need all the seats in the shuttle and I’ve read it can make a difference insurance wise.
interior wise the Valle is far nice, but you just need to go look even if you can’t drive it.
Thank you for coming back to me, and fair point.
If we take power out the equation for a minute the Caravelle is £9k / £90 a month more than a like for like 150bhp Shuttle. So I guess I'm trying to establish if it's £90 a month nicer than a Shuttle.

If a Shuttle is like flying economy is a Caravelle Premium Economy or Business Class :)

Though Remap not an option for me as it will have close to 3 years VW warranty and I plan to extend that throughout ownership.

Thank you for coming back to me, and fair point.
If we take power out the equation for a minute the Caravelle is £9k / £90 a month more than a like for like 150bhp Shuttle. So I guess I'm trying to establish if it's £90 a month nicer than a Shuttle.

If a Shuttle is like flying economy is a Caravelle Premium Economy or Business Class :)

Though Remap not an option for me as it will have close to 3 years VW warranty and I plan to extend that throughout ownership.
My last van was a 180bhp van. Current is 150 and in LWB rather than SWB, and to be honest I’ve not missed it at all Or really noticed. As for is it worth £90 a month that only you can answer.

With that many Land Rovers I’m surprised your childs first words weren’t ‘AA van’.
I had two, not without their problems but never failed to start or get me home, I'd have another but nothing can offer the versatility of a T6 for me.

Reactions: JOG
Caravelle. Once the bug bites, you'll be upgrading left right and center, so you might as well start with the vehicle that comes with all the bits you'll want eventually.

Also, Caravelle's do hold really strong money, so despite being more expensive now, could well hold more equity at the end of the term.

We have owned 2 Caravelle's, a T5.1 and now a T6. I looked into buying a Kombi as we are always lugging bikes around but after pricing up a Kombi plus the cost of sound deadening and better seats etc it was more expensive than a 6 month old Caravelle Exec and the Caravelle's do hold their value well. We drive through France in it loads and its very quiet, just a big car! We always have the table and captains seats out to have a bigger boot for the bikes. It depends what you will do with it and everyone has there own reasons for buying one. We love ours though, just need some better wheels once the tyres wear out and I can justify a trip to Bognor Motors.

With that many Land Rovers I’m surprised your childs first words weren’t ‘AA van’.
Ha ha ha! Not at all! Obviously, due to environment, nurturing and proximity to SWMBO, first words were “I want...!” Rapidly followed by “Daddy fix!”

We have owned 2 Caravelle's, a T5.1 and now a T6. I looked into buying a Kombi as we are always lugging bikes around but after pricing up a Kombi plus the cost of sound deadening and better seats etc it was more expensive than a 6 month old Caravelle Exec and the Caravelle's do hold their value well. We drive through France in it loads and its very quiet, just a big car! We always have the table and captains seats out to have a bigger boot for the bikes. It depends what you will do with it and everyone has there own reasons for buying one. We love ours though, just need some better wheels once the tyres wear out and I can justify a trip to Bognor Motors.
Thanks that's really helpful. You've helped me make up my mind.

Not sure where you are in country but worth talking to @BognorMotors - they hire but also have lots of decent ex hire stuff. I’ve hired caravelle exec from them and they are nice vehicles. Very different to shuttle. Worth taking a trip there or at least talking. They can also source new stuff

Not sure where you are in country but worth talking to @BognorMotors - they hire but also have lots of decent ex hire stuff. I’ve hired caravelle exec from them and they are nice vehicles. Very different to shuttle. Worth taking a trip there or at least talking. They can also source new stuff

Thanks for the recommend.

Thank you for the recommend unfortunately they are over 170 miles away from me otherwise would've definitely followed that up.
I'm viewing the Caravelle 8.30am tomorrow morning so hope to be a Caravelle owner by this time tomorrow.

Well that was a frustrating morning, upon arrival the salesperson starts with "I best tell you as you'll notice it anyway......." So it turns out it needs a whole new tailgate fitting due to the original one having several dents in it.

Whilst I appreciate this happens and most the time they get fixed without us knowing, I'm afraid I couldn't live with the knowing. I'd always be worrying about the paint matching, how well it had been fitted, had all the wiring been done right etc. So it wasn't to be with that one sadly.

Back