Best tailgate bike rack - bang for buck

Can anyone recommend a bike rack for 2 bikes that will fit a T6 that has a spoiler on the tailgate?

Afternoon.

What is the general consensus on Tailgate bike racks?? I need a 4 bike solution.

I have a Fiamma on my T3 and it’s been great.

cheers

I have an Atera Linea and it's been excellent. Not sure you can get a fourth bike on though, like you can on their Strada tow bar rack.
EDIT - Says you can add a fourth
Getting four on could be quite a MENSA puzzle though, especially if funky full sus frames.

Atera Strada - comes with three as standard and then you add a fourth. Mine's been brilliant, especially the way it slides away from the vehicle, bikes still attached, giving access to the boot.

Great thank you. Looks similar to my Fiamma. Good option
Atera produce the VW racks (so I'm told), but their own are cheaper and use more stainless steel/less Al. The only bit that's nor lasted well on mine are the two 'hinges' which are plasticoated (like Fiamma I think). This corrodes and flakes off. I've just cleaned and painted them with primer and auto paint - better than new.

Been searching all evening, so anybody adapted the spoiler to fit a oem bike rack to a tailgate with spoiler as I like the spoiler and found a bike rack thanks

Can anyone help?i purchased a THULE tailgate bike rack for my T6 with a tailgate which appears to need to hook over the top of the boot door. issue is i have a spoiler so cant hook it on unless i remove the spoiler it appears? Can anyone recommend a way i can remove this, fit the bike rack and put the spoiler back on? Will the spoiler need adjusting?

Can anyone help?i purchased a THULE tailgate bike rack for my T6 with a tailgate which appears to need to hook over the top of the boot door. issue is i have a spoiler so cant hook it on unless i remove the spoiler it appears? Can anyone recommend a way i can remove this, fit the bike rack and put the spoiler back on? Will the spoiler need adjusting?
Not aware of any bike rack that will fit with a spoiler. You will need a towbar rack or remove the spoiler

Oh really thats annoying i dont want a towbar one.....similarly i dont want to lose the spoiler as it makes the van look much nicer......surely the spoiler can be adjusted? noched? Thanks for the quick reply tho.

You can cut sections out of the tailgate spoiler and fit it over the bike rack fixings

i like my towbar one tbh I would not go for any other type after using these I know not everyone likes them

As @Niknak says, towbar mounted is the way to go, especially if you get the model that slides back and allows you to open the tailgate with the bikes still mounted. Atera Strada or Thule. Your spoiler will be just that if you start cutting notches in it - spoilt!!

I think mines a whitter not a flashy Thule cause at the time their four carrier option was all add on bits, tilts so can get in the back doors not that I need too, and way better as can chuck on my other cars when needed

Dragging up a thread that’s a few months old...I’m going to have a go at modifying a Travelin’ Lite OEM style T6 tailgate spoiler for use with a genuine 4-bike rack. Fingers crossed I haven’t wasted £60!

I am hoping I can find a way to secure the sections I need to remove for use when the rack isn’t fitted.

It might work, it might not!

Back