Anyone Else Been Disappointed With B14's Ride Height ?

marmite monster

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Bit disappointed my b14s won't go that low, I don't think it even looks lowered sometimes lol

They seem about the same as h&r 50mm springs on the back full wound down and the fronts won't tuck a 18" wheel and tyre.
I'm running full kombi interior in a t28 chassis

Ride quality is obviously spot on though.

Anyone els found this ? any tricks to get it to sit lower ?Screenshot 2019-06-03 at 00.43.54.png

Looks like Its saging at the rear?

It might be your wheel size and offset that's giving it the illusion that it's not sitting that low. B14's aren't exactly belly rubbing, and sit it next to something aired out, you will look like it's not lowered at all, but if you look at mine, the offset is so wide, that it makes the tyres look much closer to the edge of the arch, plus i'm on 19s.
Stick yours next to a standard T6 and it will look low, but I get what you're saying though.
I'm maxed out and sometimes I wish i'd of gone a different route, but as mine sits now, you cannot get a finger between the tyre top and the inner arch, where as your offset means you possibly can get a full hand up there.

I'd try spacers before anything else.

20190316_173534.jpg

I've got mine up on the highest setting I still think it looks perfectly ok, although my van is parked all day next to un-lowered T6's so next to them it looks silly low.

2019-05-14 11.13.10.jpg

Are you sure they are not fully up? Yours looks about the same (or possible a little higher) than @Insert Coin 's whose are fully up!
Yeah the backs are fully down I adjusted the front they have about 2mm of thread left.
Any chance these could be t31 rated and someone got the boxes mixed up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's highest setting? What you got in there, a heard of elephants:eek:

Probably just the angle of the photo, but they can't go any lower or the snow plough won't go over any speed bumps so they are at the top of the adjustments.

Doesn't it go something like this...

B14's have a max drop of 70mm, by replacing factory springs with B14's you gain an automatic 50mm drop and then you have a further 20mm drop to play with?

Bit disappointed my b14s won't go that low, I don't think it even looks lowered sometimes lol

They seem about the same as h&r 50mm springs on the back full wound down and the fronts won't tuck a 18" wheel and tyre.

Anyone els found this ? any tricks to get it to sit lower ?View attachment 44589

Have you done the front hub mod? Most of the “low” T6’s on B14’s have the front hub mod that drops the front down and the have the adjusters out the rear.

Anyone els found this ? any tricks to get it to sit lower ?View attachment 44589
15mm spacers on the front; 25mm on the rears will make a huge difference to its stance.
Are they 255/45/18" tyres?

Last edited:
Doesn’t the hub mod only apply when “seriously” dropping it on air? @Fish??

Most of the slammed vans you see on the internet have had it done. Below is my mates T5 with hub mod and adjusters removed. Definitely not air ride low. Only works on T28/30 though. T32’s are stuck with what they have got.

747801E1-89C8-4289-B31B-AC66E86B4635.jpeg

Drop the front all the way down and remove either one or both the rear adjusters this will give you about a 6mm drop on the rear

Below is with 255/45/18s

20181224_142025.jpg

Most of the slammed vans you see on the internet have had it done. Below is my mates T5 with hub mod and adjusters removed. Definitely not air ride low. Only works on T28/30 though. T32’s are stuck with what they have got.

View attachment 44620
I have heard that you can mod the T32 hub by replacing it with the T30 hub, and then get SV Tech to do the paperwork to down plate your axle ratings. This enables proper slamming on air ride, but no good if you need to maintain the T32 axle ratings due to your loading needs.
I believe this is what a certain person may have done, if he is yet telling the truth about his suspension modifications that is :whistle:.

Back