Dealer proces of getting the ride ready is underway.....damn slow if you ask me and rest of the household (;)) but moving.

- Sidestep on right side fitted. (Note: In DK and LHD) Not sure yet if I want the left fitted even though I am a sucker for symmetry. But thinking it might get in the way. Will see where that ends over some time.
- Paperwork and registration underway. Dealer not used to handling special terms we have so didn't make it easy for himself on Friday. Should however be done tomorrow with that part.
- Monday: Is supposed to be finish up of, after drying over the weekend, the anti rust treatment and rest of paperwork/registration tasks.
- Tuesday: Means almost everything closed down on DK :( but should anyway provide the tinted film for the windows.
- Wednesday should be general prep. of the vehicle.

Have asked them to make sure:
- Mirrors fold in at locking.
- Lock doors when driving.
- Electric tailgate: Close from key switch and button in driver side door.

Am hoping to see it finished and collected late Wednesday but I guess the progress the coming days will show what will be possible in the real world.

Any other suggestions as to what could be useful to consider having set up is welcome?

A few more shots from Wednesdays first romantic encounter: :)

full?d=1528067047.jpg

full?d=1528067238.jpg

full?d=1528067563.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
150% taxation ???
That means that here in France, for the price of your multivan , i Can buy 2 multivan ?

150% taxation ???
That means that here in France, for the price of your multivan , i Can buy 2 multivan ?

Its not a fully flat rate, so i.e. small, less consuming and polluting cars has lighter taxation. also exceptions for business vehicles and other but general rate is 150% and of course with 25% VAT as well. :)

Here in France we have 3 taxes
- 20% VAT
- CO2 which varies between 0 € if less or equal than 119 g and 10500€ if greater or equal than 185 g that the first owner pay only once. The following owners won't pay this tax
- CO2 annual taxes which is 160€ per year (only for cars higher than 190 g CO2)
About CO2:
Pick up and camping cars (like California) are CO2 taxes free (exemption)
If you have 3 children or more, you have 20 g CO2 rebate for each cildren
- And the registration document price depends of where you leave (In corse Island it is 27 € for each fiscal horse power and where i live is 43€ per fiscal Horse)

For my case (4 children), if I buy the same car than you (204 HP diesel / 186 g CO2 / 12 fiscal horses)
I should take your price without taxes and add
- 20% VAT
- 186 g CO2 - (4 children * 20g CO2) = 106g CO2 = 0€ of CO2 tax
- 12 horses * 43 € ~= 520 € for registration document
Finally, I just have to pay VAT and registration document.

Here in France we have 3 taxes
- 20% VAT
- CO2 which varies between 0 € if less or equal than 119 g and 10500€ if greater or equal than 185 g that the first owner pay only once. The following owners won't pay this tax
- CO2 annual taxes which is 160€ per year (only for cars higher than 190 g CO2)
About CO2:
Pick up and camping cars (like California) are CO2 taxes free (exemption)
If you have 3 children or more, you have 20 g CO2 rebate for each cildren
- And the registration document price depends of where you leave (In corse Island it is 27 € for each fiscal horse power and where i live is 43€ per fiscal Horse)

For my case (4 children), if I buy the same car than you (204 HP diesel / 186 g CO2 / 12 fiscal horses)
I should take your price without taxes and add
- 20% VAT
- 186 g CO2 - (4 children * 20g CO2) = 106g CO2 = 0€ of CO2 tax
- 12 horses * 43 € ~= 520 € for registration document
Finally, I just have to pay VAT and registration document.

Interesting part about adding number of children to the calculation. :)

Actually I think the first time registration tax has been lowered here in DK in recent years.
As I recall it used to be 180% but now for mid-end and up cars for private use it is the 150% and for the smaller and low emission cars there is a lower taxation.
As mentioned earlier there is exceptions when it comes to business use and other purposes. Also think you´d be able to save some- but not to my knowledge all, of the tax with a camper fitted van.

Besides the tax and VAT upon registration there is a yearly "Green owners tax". Calculated from km/l.
For a car like this on a yearly basis you would end up just below € 1000/year.

Last edited:
Thanks for your information
Really nice car an nice colour
I went to Vw.dk website, it is quite simple for multivan you have 3 versions
- trendline
- confortline
- Highline

In France we have many versions (from basic to full)
- conceptline started @ 33600€ VAT excl
- trendline started @ 39879€ VAT excl
- carat started @ 47629€ VAT excl
- Edition 30 started @ 50961€ VAT excl
- Carat edition started @ 56171€ VAT excl
- Business started @ 84213€ VAT excl

Last edited:
Thanks for your information
Really nice car an nice colour
I went to Vw.dk website, it is quite simple for multivan you have 3 versions
- trendline
- confortline
- Highline

In France we have many versions (from basic to full)
- conceptline started @ 33600€ VAT excl
- trendline started @ 39879€ VAT excl
- carat started @ 47629€ VAT excl
- Edition 30 started @ 50961€ VAT excl
- Carat edition started @ 56171€ VAT excl
- Business started @ 84213€ VAT excl

Wov thats pretty complex to buy a MV in france..
And here I was thinking our 24/7 study and sleepnless nights for over a month to pick model and equipment was heavy.
Would probably had drowned completely in all the french variations. :)

In DK list price incl. registration TAX & VAT for a Multivan Highline TDI 204 DSG before diving into extras in is €116.000.
I think my first post gives an idea of what is included with that. It´s nice but not over the top.

Guess its needless to say there is not many Multivans from the upper shelf in DK besides with people like us who can get a execption from the standard TAX or on leasing contracts.

:)

Yes, agree with you
With 116 000€ in France, for my case, i can afford we can afford a 96.166€ excl tax Multivan.
Using the configurator and choose a 204 diesel 4 motion --> click on all the proposed options including 2.436€ (rear seat entertainement with 15,4 screen ) ironically i reach 95.563€
You're near the full options... If you want we can change my old Caravelle by your New multivan... :D:whistle:
Your colour is not available here.
This is a personnal question, why don't you choose the "double-Colour" ??

Been a long and busy day in so many ways, so pretty beat, but just a short post to say YEP! finally
all done and Beastie Baby came with us home. :)

A few shots giving some example of what this color can do in various lightning conditions.

full?d=1528624833.jpg

full?d=1528625071.jpg

full?d=1528495623.jpg

full?d=1528625249.jpg

All for now from a tired dane.

Last edited:
OK. Been awhile since posting. So time for a small update.

Actually not too much to say except for enjoying the new wheels. Done close to 1500kms in the past 2,5 weeks and this baby really is nice to drive.

Looking over the spec of this baby it probably is pretty clear that we wont be doing much modding for the first long time having all the bells and whistles.
Of course nobody knows whats up on in longer run but here and now only small stuff to trim.

Like "sports caps" for the pedals, Saw similar caps in a Merc. v250d we tried during the long "journey" to the present vehicle.

Poor pics but does look pretty neat in reality.

Pre change.

full?d=1530049438.jpg

Post change:

full?d=1530049451.jpg

Also bought a rubber strip for fitting in the bottom of the windscreen to stop stuff from disappearing there.
Not fitted yet but will be soon.

Also, as mentioned previously I bought a set of the Bulli badges to find out if it´d be possible to do something and change the text or perhaps just mount them as is since they do make the turn signal on the sides design more aesthetically complete.

Also took a few fresh shots of the vehicle today.
Summers back in DK so loads of lightning to make the color come fully alive.

As a reward for reading this far here is a photo jam from todays session:

Lightning.
full?d=1530050561.jpg

Heavy internal LED lightning or power trying to make contact? :)

full?d=1530050582.jpg

New office.

full?d=1530050613.jpg

full?d=1530050627.jpg

full?d=1530050642.jpg

full?d=1530050674.jpg

Love the depth of the glow in this shot.

full?d=1530050689.jpg

All for now.

Peace and love for everyone out in Internet land from DK.
wp_20180613_20_35_41_pro_m.1754

Last edited:
Back