I can see most people are running 245/55R19 tyres. Does the speedo being so far out not cause any issues?

I can see most people are running 245/55R19 tyres. Does the speedo being so far out not cause any issues?

dear me No! your speedo will be miles out and could cause a speeding fine
if your not carefull..
it will say 70mph but you will be doing 78mph

245 45 19 is the one to go for its bang on correct speed

dear me No! your speedo will be miles out and could cause a speeding fine
if your not carefull..
it will say 70mph but you will be doing 78mph

245 45 19 is the one to go for its bang on correct speed
Thanks, that was a mistype. I meant 245 not 255.
Even with 245x45R19 at 70 mph my speedo will read 76mph. I don't want speeding issues on my licence after a ban. :whistle:

Thanks, that was a mistype. I meant 245 not 255.
Even with 245x45R19 at 70 mph my speedo will read 76mph. I don't want speeding issues on my licence after a ban. :whistle:
Surely if it does then you're going to be less likely to be speeding, not more

standard tyre sizes depending on model are
235 55 17
or
215 60 17
so 19inch you can use 245 45 19 or 275 40 19 both are 1.88% taller which is fine as 2.5% taller is the limit for speedo accuracy
there wont be any problems as they are very similar rolling radius

its not rocket science www.tyresave.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator

T6180 definitely knows what hes talking about

I run a similar slightly oversized circumference with 245/50 r18. The speedo still slightly over reads compared to GPS on the level. So all is well.

Some ways to check.

I've generally found the speed displays put up by local councils at the side of the road are generally very accurate, until you get close to them (cosine error starts to kick in).

Maintain a constant safe distance behind a heavy on a motorway. They're restricted to 56mph.

Speak to your local traffic plod. Find out where their measured mile or half mile is marked out on the roadway. (Used for calibrating VASCAR). Run over it at 60mph with a passenger using a stopwatch.

For those that are interested. This is what before an after looks like on the rear with 15mm spacers and Amarok Cantara wheels. It puts the rear wheels exactly the same distance from the arches as the front.

t6_highline_15mm_spacers_left-jpg.41505

t6_highline_15mm_spacers_right-jpg.41506

So what’s the best tyre options for the Amarok 20’s? 8J X 20 in a 40 profile.

Has anyone fitted these amarock wheels with a 40 profile? If so what size / brand did you go for. They are 20" 8j.

I've seen them with Landsail but on a 45 profile which is a bit too much Speedo error for me to live with.
View attachment 24444

Back